Norco Shore 2 Freeride Full Suspension

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

• Proven freeride and Shore trail frame geometry with durable forged BB yoke and 175 mm travel
  • 1 pc design forged link arm
  • ISCG 05 BB mount tabs for chainguide
  • Custom hydroform main frame support tubes

Submitted by Matthew a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2012

Strengths:    Awesome shocks, great handling, brakes extremely well, best.

Weaknesses:    Non

Bottom Line:
This bike is awesome it can take on anything you throw at it. I highly recommend it.

Submitted by norcobikesrock a Downhiller from new hamburg, ON, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2012

Strengths:    Good solid bike for downhill and even park freeride. Its really light for a full suspension bike :). its a little rear heavy, but i like an aggresive DH stance so thats okay. Its also really nimble in the air.

Weaknesses:    Avid juicy fives suck balls!!!!! no stopping power at all.....i want my old juicy three's back.
garbage stock pedal -_-

Bottom Line:
this is a really good bike, i would buy this if you like to ride downhill, but also your local trails.

Favorite Trail:   Anything at blue mountain

Purchased At:   kijiji

Similar Products Used:   Rocky Mountain DH, and scotts Gambler

Bike Setup:   large frame, DHX 3.0, 66rvc, sram x-7 drivetrain, Avid Juicy 5, kenda nevagal, sun ringle rims

Submitted by ForkPumper a Downhiller from Banff, Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2010

Strengths:    I really enjoyed every thing about the bike im 200lbs 5ft10 and the bike is a medium it is durable and is very maneuverable, Nice tight turns on as well

Weaknesses:    it can be heavy but other wise i have no complaints

Bottom Line:
Amazing bike it was a very good investment

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere in kalowna

Purchased At:   BackTrax

Similar Products Used:   Brodie Damian, Kona Stinkey Delux

Submitted by Matty77 a Downhiller from Calgary

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2009

Strengths:    Feel in the air, berms, stand over, pedalability, burly, low weight, shape and colour (I think it looks like a friggin bright green wave - buddies see me comin a mile away and get out of the way), balanced suspension

Weaknesses:    Ummm, the fork I guess, but not really, I still have tweaking to do.

Bottom Line:
Ammmmmazing, I've only ridden it a few times, but I've progressed on it tons already. It felt awesome as soon as I got on it. Feels great in the air and very forgiving landing, even front heavy. Pedals amazing - some reviewers said it pedals efficiently... yeah, it really does feel like it weighs 10lbs less. One time the shifter cable broke so I was stuck in the second tallest gear and I still out climbed my buddies. Very huckable and maneuverable, bike likes to be pushed. Some weight weenies think this thing weighs a lot - it does not. Sure my bike is lightened, but its a real FR machine, capable of bombing any DH and it'll ask for more. AND I've heard of ppl making Shore's weigh 31 lbs. Components are awesome (though not all stock). Balanced suspension that works great, if not quite as plush as the Faith. The fork seems to have less than the claimed 170mm travel, don't know if others have had that problem, but it feels good and is super stiff.

Favorite Trail:   Moose

Purchased At:   Pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   02 Rocky Mountain Switch, 05 Giant Faith

Bike Setup:   2008 Shore 2, purchased upgraded for weight - Juicy 7s, 66 RCV, DHX 3.0, Bonterager FR rims, XT derailer, E-13 chainguide, Minions, low weight chain, bars, stem and post.

Submitted by Freerider a Weekend Warrior from BC

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2006

Strengths:    great bike very plush and sturdy.
Proven VPS linkage
Lots of tire clearance
Stable bike but lack nimbleness, probably due to long wheel base.
66VF has lots of tire clearance and low height but internal ajustment is inconvenient and not so effective - for a $3000+ (CDN) bike I would have expected at least external rebound ajustment.

Weaknesses:    Looong wheelbase makes tight low speed manoeuvre hard work.
Weight - somewhat heavy for an alround freeride bike.
Narrow rims for the intended purpose, wide rims keep low pressure tire more stable.
Low riser bar (almost flat) needed to be changed rightaway.
The SRAM X7 drive train shifts well but the rear derailleur is weak and the linkage will bend making some of the smallest gears unavailable until filing of the derailleur outside link.

Bottom Line:
With the granny gear, telescopic post and efficient VPS likages the bike climbs well for a 45 pounds bike and descent very well particularely when the speed gets up. Nimbleness is not its strenght but it handles everything else. I bought the bike relying on my experience on other norcos and expected the good folks working their to do their homework and in general looking at the bike I think thay did a good job, the bike look awsome the components are pretty good for the money except rims and bar but the bike feels abit slow on tight stuff and I'm a bit desapointed there.
Hard to figureout who they are targetting with the bike - it looks like a great freeride bike (single crown fork, granny gear) but the wheelbase is longer that their DH frame?!

Similar Products Used:   other VPS norco (A-line, fluid, six), Specialized big hit, Kona stinky

Bike Setup:   Stock except for Supra D rims and Holzfeller riser bar.

North Shore Extreme Volume 2 Music

Anyone happen to know who does the song in the video that has the lyrics "Alberta prime" in it? My VCR (how quaint) doesn't work anymore and I can't seem to find anything on the web. On a side note, anyone know how to copy a VCR tape to a DVD disc?Read More »

Norco Shore 2 help!

Anybody have experience with this bike? I found an awesome deal on it but don't know much about it. I just started doing DH and even though it's listed as a freeride bike I'm hoping it'd be fine for what I do (NRA/flagstaff/globe etc for those in AZ). Thanks for any info!Read More »

Norco Shore 2 for NRA/DH?

So since I've started riding at NRA I've been looking for a DH bike, and I just found an awesome deal on a 2006 Norco Shore 2. The thing is, it's listed as a freeride bike and I'm too new to DH to know the difference...I'd like to ride it at NRA and do other DH stuff (globe, flagstaff, etc), and be ... Read More »

06 norco shore 2

just got this frame and and running the cables. can someone take pics of how their cables are run to show me plz?Read More »

08 Norco Shore 2 or 09 Spec. BigHit 2

I will be getting a new bike soon, and these were two of my choices Both are the same price so take that out of consideration Anyway, I was wondering which would be a better choice. I will be riding at lift accsessed bike parks, bike parks (no lifts), local trails, and pretty much anything els ... Read More »