Iron Horse Warrior Trail Freeride Full Suspension

-Tektro Mechanical Disc brakes, w/6" rotors
-WTB Speed V Sport saddle

Submitted by Alex

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2012

Strengths:    Very Strong,

Weaknesses:    Heavy Bike,

Bottom Line:
Over all the bike is great, yeah its kind of heavy but I have taken this bike to hell and back! with no problems

Submitted by ftant a Downhiller from andover CT, USA

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2011

Strengths:    Its lite, so easy for jumps, strong frame, and easy to build.

Weaknesses:    It doesnt have as much travel(5in), and sometimes the pivits come loose.

Bottom Line:
I love my warrior, but upgrade them and it will do u justice

Favorite Trail:   Highland

Purchased At:   Pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   Iron horse yakuza

Bike Setup:   05 boxxer race, avid juicy 7, raceface evolve crank, azonic outlaw wheels, shimano saint shifter/derailleur, manitou swinger rear shock, easton ea70 seatpost, easton ea50 handlebars/ easton vise stem, blackspire chain guide, and yah a sweet ride, especially for a warrior

Submitted by Ethan308 a Racer from Toronto

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2010

Strengths:    Fun to ride. Easy to ride. Good in the mud.

Weaknesses:    My parents bought me the bike for a Christmas present. I used it and it rode great, but after a while you have to get upgrades. DO NOT TOUCH THE BIKE UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW. I thought i knew how to adjust the shock i loosend it the the whole shock fell off. I hit a few jumps and rode my trails in my backyard but the shifter brakes and so does the deraler brakes a lot, even if you hit a super small jump. The bike is good on trails but don't hit any jumps!!

Bottom Line:
The bike is a 3.5/5 for me. Its good for trails but not hitting rock jumps.

Favorite Trail:   My Backyard

Purchased At:   SportCheck

Bike Setup:   The bikes stock exceppt for the shifter and deraler.

Submitted by transcirca a Downhiller from plaistow, nh

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2009

Strengths:    very light, cheap $

Weaknesses:    bent the headtube first time i took it downhill, low end components

Bottom Line:
decent bike for the buck, I put some money into it to make it not so cheap. Didn't do me any good cuz the bike was stolen a few months later

Favorite Trail:   highland

Purchased At:   rscycle

Similar Products Used:   yakuza

Bike Setup:   manitou nixon front shock

Submitted by Codad 4 a Weekend Warrior from All over VA and WV

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2008

Strengths:    Perfect for a newbie or the first FS rig someone might want to try, light-ish and with upgrades (which are not nessesary from stock) very very strong

Weaknesses:    Single pivot rig, needs a lock out or anit-bob system, cranks suck or at least needs a new BB right away (one season tops)

Bottom Line:
For a mid range 'out of the box' rig it is perfect. The parts and pieces are just good enough to give someone with little knowledge of bikes a good idea of what they want and should expect. And as they get busted or worn out it’s a slight upgrade to pretty high end parts.

Favorite Trail:   Blueridge Mts.

Purchased At:   Preformance

Similar Products Used:   My first FS rig, however i played with a nomand, trek and cannondale of the same travels before hand.

Bike Setup:   07' IH Warrior Frame, 07 marz AM (air) fork, 7" Hayes Mags front, stock rear Hayes m2. Gravit Cranks/ raceface x series BB ISIS, x9 Sram everything. Stock Rear Shock (marz roco tst soon thou) Maxxis minnion 2.35 F and R.

About $1200 in upgrades (as i broke or wore them out) and I have a rig I am extremely happy with.

Submitted by Michael Coates a Weekend Warrior from Halifax, VA. USA

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2007

Strengths:    Very agile, quick handling, smooth shifts, awesome brakes, great geometry, very plush suspension, strong frame, mine is blue and looks awesome!

Weaknesses:    None that I have found yet.

Bottom Line:
I first saw an Iron Horse bike in a Performance catalog. I fell in love with it at first sight.I did some research and decided to buy the Warrior 4.0 from Randall Scott which was beating Performance by almost 100 bucks in price. When the bike came I assembled and took it out for a little test ride. It's an amazing bike. I mostly do XC, trail riding, and a little urban. I'm an ex-motocrosser so I like t get some air when I can. I love the way the bike handles and soaks up the terrain especially on the root strewn trails I ride. The bike is plush and precise at the same time. It goes where I point it. And I'm 205 pounds. There is some pedal bob, but it's not bad and it doesn't bother my old broken ass. I rode my buddies new $2600 Trek one day while we were out on the trails and there is no way I would pay the extra 2050 bucks for what he has, compared to my bike. Yeah, his is lighter and it has some sweet components on it, but at the end of the day it didn't do anything better, except not bob, than my Iron Horse. I was going to sell the bike and get something more expensive, but I decided to upgrade instead. I am concerned now that when I am done, the bike may not be as good as it was to begin with. We'll see. the bottom line is get an Iron Horse, save yourself some money, and have some fun.

Favorite Trail:   Angler's Ridge, Danville, VA

Purchased At:   Randall Scott www.rsbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   2008 Trek Fuel 9, Raleigh M-80 (hardtail), Specialized Rockhopper (my hardtail ride), Wal Mart cheapo Mongoose

Bike Setup:   Completely Stock, but I do have the 2007 Warrior 4.0. It has Hayes MX 4 brakes, Shimano Alivio deraileurs and shifters, Marzocchi MZ Comp forks, and a Fox Vanilla rear shock.

Submitted by chris ciumei from malboro new jersey united sates

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
great prices and better then some treks and db

Purchased At:   dicks sporting goods

Submitted by ryan bennett a Downhiller from hampden Maine

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2007

Strengths:    decent frame, some of the components aren't bad for the price (handlebars, stem, cranks), great price

Weaknesses:    fork needs about 2 more inches of travel and tops out like no other fork i've ever experienced, weee bit heavy, bushings wear out quick

Bottom Line:
bought this bike for my girlfriend who wanted to be shown the wonders of mountain biking. It has certainly served it's purpose! She loves the way it looks, and it doesn't pedal too awfully bad. It can take quite a beating if you're relatively easy on drops and don't slam the bike onto flats too often. little bit of pedal bob but what do you expect with a single pivot design. this is all around bike but it does not excel at any one venue of riding. could be built up, and it needs a longer travel fork to match the rear. good overall coil suspended bike.

Favorite Trail:   essex street hill race circuit

Purchased At:   Dick's

Similar Products Used:   iron horse yakuza (my bike), schwinn homegrown hardtail, c-dale V1000

Bike Setup:   stock as can be

Submitted by phil from omt canada

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2007

Strengths:    great for going of drops fork is awsome crank really responsive

Weaknesses:    shprter head set

Bottom Line:
a really good bike for an above avrage trailer/freerider i only use it on trails thogh any way i roughd camp fortian down hill with it

Favorite Trail:   kanata lakes

Purchased At:   sport mart

Similar Products Used:   non

Submitted by Sherman Sim a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2007

Strengths:    5" front and back. Not too heavy. Great parts right out of the factory.

Weaknesses:    Rear shock spring was too soft, negotiate for the correct spring for your weight before you buy it. OEM tires are a very hard compound ad do not bite well. After 6 months of ABUSE, had to replace the shock bushings.

Bottom Line:
I've crashed, jumped, dropped, crashed, and even DH raced it. It just keeps going. Had to get rid of the outter chainring and replace with a bashguard. Other than that, it's unstoppable. I can trail ride with the best of them, and even though it's a single pivot, the Fox Vanilla w/ pro pedal all but eliminates the bobbing. Flip the lockout switch for the fork and really crank it up those long smooth climbs like a rigid. If you're looking for a good entry level to intermediate bike, this is it! Best bang for the buck!

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon, CA

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Walmart Bikes (toys compared to this)

Bike Setup:   RS J3 130 w/ lockout, Fox Vanilla, SRAM X9 all around, Loco wheelset, Intense 909 tires 2.3/2.1, Hayes HFX 6", Kona Jacksh!t pedals

Submitted by Car Boi a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2007

Strengths:    Fork, Shifters, Pedals, Frame

Weaknesses:    Weight, Rear Shock,

Bottom Line:
Great value, good bike. The rear shock is pretty soft even at 120lbs. Great fork. Best bike for the price. Good for all mountain, but the weight of 30lbs is pretty heavy. The frame is durable and takes big drops wven though the shock bottoms out every time. If you buy this bike keep some money for a new shock.

Favorite Trail:   Doctors Loop

Purchased At:   Performance San Diego

Similar Products Used:   K2 Attack 1.0, Haro Shift

Bike Setup:   Panaracer Fire tires,

Submitted by michael pini a Weekend Warrior from SAN ANTONIO

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2006

Strengths:    Great bike for the low duckets, being a father of three I got other priorities if ya know what I mean. Anyways the bike has performed great, its got alot of strength in the frame, and keeps on soaking up the abuse. Overall handles drops, climbs and fast cornering. Great bike,

Weaknesses:    The shock needs to be upgraded, though it can soak up the terrain. Rims are low end so keep an eye on them. The Marzochii fork is great for being OEM and offers great travel though no rebound.Pedals are a little slippery when wet.

Bottom Line:
The "BLUF" Bottom Line Up Front, is that for the low duckets that you pay, you get alot of bike. Great travel while maintaing stiffness all around.Drops good and climbs well. Takes the abuse and keeps on giving back to the rider. Just upgrade some of the lower-end parts and you will have a true racer.

Favorite Trail:   comfort, tx