Giant Faith Freeride Full Suspension

4.94/5 (51 Reviews)

In the world of pro freerider Kurt Sorge, there’s no room for second guessing. That’s why Kurt rides Faith, the most advanced freeride bike ever built. With its lightweight, unyielding FluidForm ALUXX SL aluminum frame and 7 inches of plush Maestro Suspension travel-plus the ingenious adjustable geometry, with its convertible dropout system-Faith comes through when you need it most.
  • Marzocchi 66 RCV, 20mm thru-axle, 180mm suspension fork, Marzocchi Rocco R coil rear shock
  • SRAM X.5 shifters/X.5 rear derailleur with Avid Elixir 5 disc brakes
  • Giant Contact AM handlebar, Giant Contact FR stem and Giant Contact seatpost
  • Sun Ringle MTX31 rim/Giant Tracker 20mm (F) hub/ Formula Disc (R) hub, wheelset
  • Color: Bright Red/Cyan

Submitted by PeytonP

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2012

Strengths:    Indestructable frame,
single crown,
7" of easily tuned RockShox suspension,
strong factory wheels
37lbs (fully built, stock)

Weaknesses:    Giant AM bar (personal preference. gave me wrist pain)
66 degree HA a bit steep for gnarlier downhill (but perfect for everything else)

Bottom Line:
The 2012 Giant Faith can conquer any gravity mission- freeride, downhill, and slopestyle. Though it may leave you wishing for a Glory to be faster on the steepest rocky stuff, the Faith will bring you down any trail you choose and then be there for you when the trail runs out and that untouched hill looks good, too. Strong riders will be able to pedal uphill and ride all day.
Really came alive for me with the longer/slacker dropouts.
After 3 days at Angel Fire Bike Park, my affair with the Giant Faith turned to love. It proved itself on every trail they had and went everywhere I wanted it to go. The X9 brakes performed well, the wheels stayed solid, and the bashgaurd and derailleur mostly held fast after a landing slide down the side of a wooden ramp.
Bottom line- The Giant Faith is amazing. 2012 is the last year (as far as I know) for the Faith, as Giant focuses on the Glory. If you're like me, a dual-crown might be overkill for your local trails, but you still want a bike to handle anything you build and any bike park you visit. If that's the case, do yourself a favor and get one before it's too late.

Submitted by Wall-e a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2012

Strengths:    A combination of Reign & Glory. An excellent all mtn, freeride and downhill bike. Very quick and nimble on tight turns. The rear wheel bites so well uphill making it pedable w/o noticing any bob. So plush and supple when landing those high jumps, which makes it truly a freeride bike. Downhill, it floats.

Weaknesses:    Well, I guess my leg. More color option would be nice like a luminous green, or I can repaint it if I want to.

Bottom Line:
This frame is flickable in the air making me wanna learn tricks. Solid and reassuring, well balance geometry to weight frame. Total wt is dependent on components. Cheap parts equals heavy bike remember that formula kids!

Bike Setup:   Rockshox Totem RC2 DH coil

Submitted by Freechee

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2012

Strengths:    Unbelievably Amazing!! It is indeed the most advanced freeride/all mtn bike I have ever ridden, coming from 2 major brands top of the line bikes. Awesome! on downhill, It is like a lite beer Glory! The Maestro suspension is sick, it adapts to any type of terrain, fork and shock reactions. Gives me so much confidence on gnarly drops and jumps, simply bottomless.

Weaknesses:    Well, I guess I just have to leave this blank.

Bottom Line:
Marzocchi 66 rc3 evi ti & roco wc ti coil is my ultimate all mtn/freeride set-up, sweeeeeet!
I have never written a review w/o a weakness on any bike except this. My buddy's are all wanting to borrow it all the time, I go, guys! just sell your intensely, specialzd, pivoting, turners and go to santa cruz and get your own, coz its not els worthy...
I'am being funny. Seriously! dudes and dudets, go get your own! if you can find one. This bike is so popular that even the company is having a hardtime keeping up.

Submitted by flowrob

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2012

Strengths:    Super strong frame, stable, incredibly well balanced, pedals great uphill for a Freeride Bike.

Weaknesses:    Marzocchi 66 RCV(not plush enough compared to my Rockshox Totem DH), Rocco R(Rebound to slow), Avid brakes(weak)

Bottom Line:
this is my 4th Giant bike after Reign, ReignX, Glory, I've been riding this bike for almost a year now and for me it's the perfect allround bike, Downhill, Freeride and even uphill ( gives you strong legs).

Bike Setup:   Rockshox Totem RC2 DH Coil, Rockshox Vivid R2C, Shimano Saint Brakes, Truvativ Boobar

Submitted by ANC-Rider a Weekend Warrior from Anchorage, AK

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2011

Strengths:    Solid build delivers good performance right out of the box. Having the option to slack-out the bike with interchangable drop outs is nice for the bike park.

Weaknesses:    Giant handlebar and brakes needed a bleed right away to chase out air.

Bottom Line:
Nice build for the money, works really well with no need for upgrades.

Favorite Trail:   South Rim Shuttle

Purchased At:   Out of State

Similar Products Used:   Norco Shore, Yeti ASX, Demo 7

Bike Setup:   Pure stock but considering replacing the Giant handlebar

Submitted by AAAustin a Downhiller from Kelowna

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2011

Strengths:    ABSOLUTLY EVERY THING

Weaknesses:    Ummmmmmm let me think.............
5 hours later......
I can't think of any

Bottom Line:
Amazing

Favorite Trail:   Whistler

Purchased At:   Nevada bobs golf:)

Similar Products Used:   Nothing compares

Submitted by fireman6131 a Weekend Warrior from dallas,nc,usa

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2011

Strengths:    got the 2010 model love the marzocchi 66 rcv and well really nearly everything else

Weaknesses:    seatpost tube is short nothing reverb doesnt fix though could use a little better braking system

Bottom Line:
first 7 inch travel bike and i love it i wouldn't trade it for the world it seems to take everything i throw at it and just begs for more!!!

Favorite Trail:   wilson's creek,nc

Purchased At:   clarks bicycle cente

Similar Products Used:   n/a

Bike Setup:   2010 giant faith 1 2010 avid code brakes 203 front and rear, reverb seatpost

Submitted by Bird26 a Downhiller from Auckland, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2010

Strengths:    - This bike is a monster.
- Really good value.
- Even though classified as a Freeride bike, I find it works just fine downhill.
- Does this frame break? I weight 96kg and I like the taste of air, so far this bike is holding up.

Weaknesses:    None really, if anything it is a bit heavy for a freeride class, but I use it for more of DH, so it doesn't bother me.

Bottom Line:
Great bike, no complains about it really :)

Favorite Trail:   Anything offroad

Similar Products Used:   GT Force 1.0 2010, Giant NRS Air 2005, Giant XTC AC1 2001, Giant MCM D 2007, Giant XTC HB3 2009.

Submitted by GabrielGF a Downhiller from Sao_Sebastian

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2009

Strengths:    Everything

Weaknesses:    Nome that i found.

Bottom Line:
This bike rides well on every track that i rode does all, pedal, corner, jump, brakes much better than hype and expensives other DH rigs. Good bike indeed.

Favorite Trail:   Black rock

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   2006

Similar Products Used:   V-10, stab, sunday, glory, transition etc

Bike Setup:   stock Faith 1 with juicy 7.

Submitted by Giftofthenile89 a Downhiller from Scottsdale,AZ

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2009

Strengths:    Very Strong Frame! i have managed to endo this bike on a 25ft double, Nothing happened to the bike, i wasn't so lucky.
No pedal bob,
8" of travel, (feels like a pillow).
MAESTRO suspension! (Brilliant)
Looks Real Good Going Of A Cliff!

Weaknesses:    UMMMMM.....

Bottom Line:
Get this bike 5 out of 5 hands down......
You won't be disappointed
Built for big drops, Huge air, And all out crazy!

Favorite Trail:   NRA Pit-Mesa,AZ

Purchased At:   Local Dealer

Similar Products Used:   Kona,Mongoose,Marin.....

Bike Setup:   Juicy 7 are a must 8" rotors,
SRAM x9 Derailleur
And some meaty Tires 2.5, don't know if 3 fits.

Submitted by BigAirGar1 a Cross Country Rider from Burlington,Ont, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2009

Strengths:    Reliability, pedaling efficiency, beautiful-sexy, great spec, always draws a crowd. Totally conficence inspiring.

Weaknesses:    Little heavy but once you get her going it does not impact speed or performance. KILLER !!!

Bottom Line:
You can not be dissapointed. If are a heavier aggressive rider this is a homerun. Keep up with your XC buddies and rock th GNARL and HITS when they present themselves.

Going to be sorry to see her go.

Favorite Trail:   Boundry

Purchased At:   Silent Sport

Similar Products Used:   V10, Demo 9, Super V, Nomad, Foes, Titus Motolite.

Bike Setup:   Upgraded throuthout. Hadley, XO, E-thirteen, Raceface!

Submitted by bigairgar a Cross Country Rider from Burlington,Ont, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2009

Strengths:    Rock solid, stable, pedals incredibly well. Fantastics OEM spec, price, overall best do everything bike I have owned.

Weaknesses:    Weight 42lbs as spec'd.

Bottom Line:
My 42lbs do everthing bike. When my friends bail the Faith steps up and gets her done. Smooth, precise, comfortable (i ride our 50 km Epic on this front of the pack)
Frame geometry and design flawless. Does way more then this bike should with grace. Truly a confidence insipring bike you will not be dissapointted owning at a phenomenal value.

Favorite Trail:   Boundry

Purchased At:   Silent Sport

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Super V, Giant Ac1, Nomad, Titus Motolite, Demo 8, Foes, V10.

Bike Setup:   Many upgrades to most items. 66rc, Fox DH4, XO troughout, Raceface controls, Hadley rear hub (best upgrade) Mavic 729' Complete XO controls. Maxxis, Hayes.

Submitted by cootamundo a Downhiller from cumbria england

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2009

Strengths:    awesome bike never let me down just takes evrything i can throw it off. and is even nice to pedal considering its a downhill rig.

Weaknesses:    a bit heavy but i can keep up with a lot of cross contry lads on much lighter bikes than my giant.

Bottom Line:
i saw the frame in a catalogue loved it baught it and graduly built it up over about 6 months and i havent seen or rode another bike that is as good of an allrounder i love it get 1 you wont regret it!!

Favorite Trail:   ae forest

Purchased At:   palace cycles

Similar Products Used:   glory dh, norco a line and kona stinky.

Bike Setup:   boxxer team forks, fox dhx4 rear shock, diabolus cranks, stem & seatpost, hope bulbs, ex 729 rims, hope bottom bracket, spank royala 50 stick bars, xt shadow rear mech, xt front mech, xt shifters, hope mono 6ti front break, mono m4 rear break all with breaded hoses, e thirteen chain device, sram pg990 cassete, sdg tiger seat and dmr v12s

Submitted by mtbrider549 a Downhiller from gorham me

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2008

Strengths:    holy iv'e only had this bike for 3 weeks and it handles extremely well i got it used the guy who had it before me only used it for 1 season ridden 8 times

Weaknesses:    The weight is the only somewhat downside to this bike but that doesn't matter when ur going DH

Bottom Line:
This bike is the best it can handle anything as a free ride bike its the best iv'e ridden in a while anyone who needs a good free ride bike with good suspension this is it

Purchased At:   ernies cycle shop

Similar Products Used:   not any all my last bikes were crap

Bike Setup:   full suspension fox 4.0 racing rear shock sram hydrolic disc brakes

Submitted by Betweentheshadows a Downhiller from N Wales

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2008

Strengths:    It manouvers and corners brilliantly, there is a trick where you flip the shock plates which lowers the bb and slackening the headangle therefore making it more stable at higher speeds and better in the corners email me if you want instructions. Rear shock is very responsive and is very easy to set up so you can fiddle with the settings and find your perfect set up with ease! After two years the barings are still fine so no problems there, although when you do replace them there are quite a few to replace.

Weaknesses:    I've been riding this for almost two years and the only problem i can think of is the weight but that isn't exactly a huge problem it still manouvers and handles just as well if not better than some top of the range dh bikes

Bottom Line:
For the price i don't think there is a better dh bike It's reliable, strong and fun to ride!

Favorite Trail:   Foel Gasnach, UK bike park

Similar Products Used:   Muddy Fox team descent2, i've ridden a lot of my mates bikes (solid mission 9, orange 222/223 and more)and im not sure if its just that im used to my setup but i prefer the good old faith.

Bike Setup:   I purchased the frame only and built it up from there. Boxxer race 07,Fox dhx4, Saint cranks, xt shifter/rear mech, hayes strokers, ex721 rims on pro2s, funn stem/deiti bars, NS pedals

Giant Faith/Voltage FR and dual/single crown?

So I love my faith, it feels great, but not perfect. I rode it at northstar, and it feel great on jumps, but sketchy when trying to carry speed into the rough. The steeps also get to me a bit, I'm guessing because the HA is about 67ish degrees. I posted an ad mentioning I would be interested in t ... Read More »

Wow. Restores my faith in...

the Police. [video=youtube;LuY7AjeCZJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuY7AjeCZJI[/video] And in teens.Read More »

DHX Air for Giant Faith?

I just got a new Giant Faith, and am looking to drop the stock Vivid coil for an air shock. I just prefer the feel of them on everything. I swapped the coils for airs on both my old DH bikes and was happy both times. I've ridden 2 roco airs now, and I love them. I had the chance to get one for my ... Read More »

Iron Horse 7.7 Or a Giant Faith?

So i'm trying to get back into downhill as i'm getting a beer belly and need to get my girlfriend away from the bong. So I'm giving her my kona for x mas and need advice on which bike i should trade my pit bike for. Both of these guys are willing to trade for my 04 crf 50. Faith [url=http:/ ... Read More »

Giant Faith or Iron horse 7.7?