Cannondale Jekyll 3000 Freeride Full Suspension

Submitted by Sergio Güell a Cross Country Rider from Alajuela, Costa Rica

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2010

Strengths:    Excellent bike for my country. High stability. Fast, smoth, GREAT !!!!

Weaknesses:    Not found any yet !!!

Bottom Line:
If you could have it , GO FOR IT !!!!

Favorite Trail:   Los Pinos

Purchased At:   Friend

Similar Products Used:   A lot of several MTB brands bikes for more than 30 years

Submitted by Jim Gross a Racer from Columbia, Md

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2008

Strengths:    This bike is a cross country racers dream. It cuts through single track like a razor, climbs like a goat, and eat up bumps like pacman. What more could you ask for.

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
This is one of the baddest bikes that I have ever built. A full suspension,single speed that weighs under 23lbs.

Favorite Trail:   Rosaryville State Park

Purchased At:   Hand built

Similar Products Used:   I ride Cannondale exclusively, so I have ridden EVER cross country bike that they have made since 1992, and this is one of my favorites.

Bike Setup:   This bike started out as an experiment, and turned out to be the best riding bike that I have ever built. First of all, there is no such thing as stock for me. I like to build my own from the frame up. So this one started with just the Jekyll frame and Manitou rear suspension shock. Since I am more of a cross country rider, I went with the Headshock instead of the lefty. Plus, you get a lot more variation in wheel choices with a standard front wheel. Then I added the following components:
Easton EC90 Handlebars
Control teck carbon seatpost
Avid BB-7 brakeset w/ Avid Ti levers
Mavic SLR wheelset

and here's the really trick part. I am running this bike as a single speed! So I used a Truvativ single speed crankset, endless bikes rear cog, and a super trick YESS full suspention single speed chain tensioner. It was tricky to setup, but it works like a CHAMP! The entire bike weighs a scant 22.9lbs w/ pedals.

Submitted by Sean Wilson from Bellingham, WA

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2004

Strengths:    The bike is a climber, sick singletrack handler, and a jumper. The full package.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness with this bike seem to be the third party components. I have ridded this bike 73 times since the first week in March and I have had to replace the front wheel, both tires (unable to hold air on impact), XTR right brack\shift combo, cables and housing (early cracking), and headset (in the shop today being replaced).

Bottom Line:
This bike is awesome! THe bike makes you a better rider on the very first ride. I have ridden this bike in Whistler, Squamish, Bellingham, and all over the North Cascades. I, bottom line, love this bike. If you can get the cash together, buy it.

Favorite Trail:   Whoopsy Doodle

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   Nothing similar, first full suspension bike. I just broke the frame on a a YETI ARC.

Bike Setup:   Standard setup except for Sun Ringle RIMs and Woodsman Front Hub.

Submitted by Guiness McNobby a Cross Country Rider from Maple Valley ,WA

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2004

Strengths:    The Jekyll is a great all mountain bike. It has a solid design and a suspension that is plush and reliable. The lefty is odd to look at but it is one of the best forks on the market. The component group is very strong but I tweaked a few only because of preference. This bike delivers performance over all terrain that I have encountered so far. I am very impressed with the crossmax wheels and the tubeless tires. This bike rolls so easily over rough technical trails and climbs with unbelievable ease. There is no weakness here.

Weaknesses:    None, But switch out the tires

Bottom Line:
This bike is awesome and is the best bike I have ever purchased. I recommend this bike to anyone looking for a full suspension all mountain bike that can handle both XC and free ride applications. You will be impressed with the plush suspension and the confidence you will gain with the superb handling of this bike. Thanks to Cannondale for a job well done.

Favorite Trail:   Sawyer woods