Cannondale Claymore 2 Freeride Full Suspension

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Claymore - the Ultimate OverMountain Megabike. Named after the Claidheamh mòr, the legendary two-handed Scottish broadsword. For warriors. Prepare for battle.
  • Frame: Claymore, 180/100mm, SmartFormed Alloy, BB30, ISCG03, 1.5 Si headtube
  • Fork: Full Suspension
  • Rear Shock: Fox OTS 180
  • Brakes: Avid Elixir CR White

Submitted by Dodgyd a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Strengths:    Handles like a beast on the downs and an xc on the ups- over mountain to the point!!!
You don't sit on this bike, you sit in it. Hugs perfectly to you when leaving the ground, very responsive and no messing about in any weathers. Come swith reflectors and bell to warn other trail users you're about to fly past them!!!(Only really useful if your the 'cool kid')

Weaknesses:    Pathetic brakes and some of the spec is low considering the abuse this bike is built to take. Chuck on some saints and knock the front down to a single chain ring with an e-thirteen (or similar) chain-device to bulk up confidence- had 3 chain drops before hand and really knocks confidence.
Having come from a Kona Stab Supreme, I sometime have pedal slap from the lower bb, but that's more a geometry change than the bikes fault.

Bottom Line:
If you can pick one of these beasts up at their sale value- GET ONE!
Rrp of £3995.00 is steep, but picking one up @ £1799.00 new (like I did) is crazy cheap and certainly puts you in a good mood before even getting on the beast.
I ride pretty much anything (except gap jumps and the larger drops) and this bike feels way beyond anything I'll ever throw at it, it's solid, responsive and had a fantastic tree-dodging ability(so far).

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Bike Setup:   Standard spec with saint brakes & e-thirteen up front

Submitted by Robbie a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2012

Strengths:    This is by far the stiffest, most versatile bike that I have ever ridden. Completely shifts from a stout, efficient all-mountain machine, to a super plush downhill bike. It also acts a lot like a slope bike in the short mode. Sticks to the ground like glue while climbing even the roughest, steepest hills. Does exactly what I want it to.

Weaknesses:    A bit on the heavy side after you add a seat post dropper, wider bars (bars that come with it are too skinny), and whatever else you might want to add like a chianguide, which I haven't needed. My bike weighs 34.5 lbs. But the light wheels help keep the rotating weight down so it rides lighter then it actually is.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike I have ever tried to ride everything. I live in Hood River, OR and I am lucky enough to ride a rippin downhill, some grueling climbing, and jump 30 ft gaps all in one run and this bike handles everything I throw at it with ease! The bad thing about this bike is that it makes all other bikes feel like they are not versatile at all, except the Jeckle of course! Also just have to make sure you fill the rear shock correctly and it works perfectly and is super durable.

Favorite Trail:   Impossible Question

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   Discover Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Norco Range- Truax- Giant Reign X Santa Cruz Nomad Kona Colair- Cannondale Moto, Jeckle

Bike Setup:   All I added was Chromag bars- Continental Trail King 2.4 UST tires- Ergon grips-and Atom Lab pedals

Cannondale Claymore 2

Hi, I am fairly new to Mtb riding but I am really getting into downhill and trail stuff. I have seen a new Claymore 2 (2012) for more than half-price. I have heard that buying spare parts could be a problem. Anyone got a view on this......the bike sounds just right for me ...Read More »

Claymore 2 and Jekyll MX weights?

I've been scouring the internet in search of finding the weights of both these bikes in a large, does anybody out there have the true weights of these bikes? Thanks in advance!Read More »

cannondale claymore 2