Cannondale Claymore 1 Freeride Full Suspension

Claymore - the Ultimate OverMountain Megabike. Named after the Claidheamh mòr, the legendary two-handed Scottish broadsword. For warriors. Prepare for battle.
  • Frame: Claymore, 180/100mm, SmartFormed Alloy, BB30, ISCG03, 1.5 Si headtube
  • Fork: Fox 36 Talas RC2 FIT 180mm thru20 w/ 1.5" steerer
  • Rear Shock: Fox OTS 180
  • Brakes: Avid Elixir X-0 Carbon Red

Submitted by mbrown95 a Weekend Warrior from Panama

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2011

Strengths:    First thing to notice is how well it climbs. Its strange because when your in the saddle, no matter how high you set the seat, you still feel like your in a downhill siting position and the angle of the front tire makes it look like your on a downhill position. But once I kranked the Sram XO set up...I was away! This is from a guy thats not a big fan of climbing. Suspension set at 110 was perfect. My old bike was great but when I was pushing the climb I used to look down to see the frame bobbing. The Claymore looks steady and smooth and motivates you keep on pushing.
On the DH with the Fox TALAS set to 180 and the the Dyad opened up it was smooth sailing. The Dyad effectivly works the oppisite to regular shocks as it pushes a piston up rather than compressing like the Fox DHX 4.0 for example. The bike went anywhere I wanted with no troubles. Anyway, I figured it would be a no brainer on the DH with the Fox suspension of course, but the climbing was what I fell in love with.

Weaknesses:    A friend raced the bike, brand new, in a local DH competition circut. The first comp the rear tire touched the seat post (off an 8ft drop at speed) After making some adustments to the shock pressure his next race put him in second place with no issues. With the right settings he was on the podium.

Bottom Line:
If your a social OR competitive DH'er and want to ride with your XC buddies from time to time this bike will stick it to em! For a bike that comes in at 30lbs but can drop, jump and fly (bigger than I can take it...)Put your money into this one bike and you can truly cover all areas of our great sport.