Strong Racing Frames Overlander Frameset

• Precision handcrafted in Montana by Strong Frames, Inc.
  • Big 44mm tire clearance even when running fenders (38mm if using studded tires)
  • Disc brake or cantilever versions available
  • Disc version available with or without a Strong steel fork
  • 130 or 135mm rear spacing
  • Top tube cable routing
  • Front derailleur adjuster built into the cable stop, along with a pulley for bottom pull derailleurs
  • Fender and rack mounts
  • Tubing diameters specific to each frame size
  • Immaculately TIG welded
  • Custom spec’d Columbus tubing
  • “Breezer style” drop outs
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Durable powder coated Army Green finish with a matte clear coat and Army stencil lettering
  • Available as a frame or as a complete bike

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Scot a Racer from Westchester, New York

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2004

Strengths:    Custom Blend fabricated to spec

Bottom Line:
    The Custom Compact 3/2 Ti 57.5 MM Cross Bike designed w/Strong Steel custom fork (S-Bend seat and chain stays) has been ridden aprox. 1500 miles. Wanted to give you the reader a fair unbiased view of what it is to dream, design, and build to spec your own custom ride. To begin, every part of the process at designing and purchasing my Frameset/Fork from Strong Frames was an absolute pleasure. I have never dealt with anyone in the bicycle industry who shares the passion, as equally or more to those cyclists as you and me. You get exactly what you pay for and more, quality and workmanship are paramount with me as I am a perfectionist. I decided to go with a Cyclo Cross Ride over dedicated Road Geometry to save myself the expense of owning two seperate bikes. I can say for fact that I know that at 20.25 lbs I can race the bike in the local CRIT or whatever Northeast Cross Event I choose. My back and knees use to give me alot of problems on my previous bike, to no avail no pain even when on training rides in excess of 50 plus miles. Stop wasting countless dollars on companies that don't even know or care about your objectives, go out invest in yourself...your worth it, I know I am.

Favorite Trail:   Canaan, West Virginia

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   Strong Frames Direct

Similar Products Used:   Ridden all alloys...Ti is FLY

Bike Setup:   DURA ACE Drive w/FSA Compact Crankset & Ti BB, FSA CARBON BARS & STEM, AVID ROAD Disc Brakes, Velocity OC Rims w/Hugi 240 Disc Hubs and DT Comp spokes, Thompson Seatpost, San Marco Ti ERA Saddle w/Thompson Seatpost, Crank Brothers Pedals, OFF THE FRONT Cyclo Cross Bar Tape

Submitted by Thomas Jones a Cross Country Rider from Bozeman, MT

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2003

Strengths:    Strong builds quality frames and this one is no exception. At about $900 for the frame and fork it is a great deal for the craftsmanship that went into it. This being a cyclo-cross bike it is very versatile.(see below) Another great feature is the powder coat finish which has proven to be very durable and scratch resistant.

Weaknesses:    Cannot think of any other than it was not free ;)

Bottom Line:
    This is a solid bike that can be used in many ways. Last fall I had 700X44C WTB tires on it and used it as I have my MTBs as well as for commuting. This winter I bolted on full-wrap fenders and put on studed tires and continue to use it to commute and get around town on. With the exception of extream riding I cannot think of an application it wouldn't be suited to. I am currently lacing up another wheel set so I can have one for road and one for getting dirty. Unfortunately for Carl, Tony, Dan and Loretta I will not have to buy another bike for a good long time.(just don't tell my wife that!) Finally, the great people at Strong took the time to make sure I was happy with the purchase.

Favorite Trail:   Leverich