Mountain Cycle Moho Frameset

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Mountain Cycle Moho

Submitted by Jason Rodgers a Weekend Warrior from Las Vegas

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2008

Strengths:    Super light - w/ the right components this thing can weight close to 25lbs. I like the angle of the top tube, well my manhood and future children do. It's fun to be different - you'll get people asking about the bike. It's held up just fine for the 3 years I've used it and I'm over 200lbs all geared up.

Weaknesses:    I think the 0.5" of 'suspension' in the rear is kind of a gimmick, but maybe someone else can tell.

Bottom Line:
If you want a climber and find one of these for <$500 I'd say go for it. It's been really good to me, and I think I'll have to keep it as a life-long bike (at least the frame).

Favorite Trail:   Any single-track

Purchased At:   Private seller

Similar Products Used:   Demo'd a Trek Fuel 9.5, rode a ~$1000 giant dual suspension once, and I own a 12 year old Giant Yukon front suspension that's been great to me.

Bike Setup:   XTR v-brakes and front derailer, LX rear, XT cranks, aheadset, Go Fast bar, serfas barb-wire grips, WTB xxt scz saddle (it sucks!), Easton stem, Manitou ss-e fork and planet X steering tube thing.

Submitted by David Jeannelle a Weekend Warrior from Lakewood CO

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2005

Strengths:    Rigid, light, 1/2 rear travel is great for a hardtail.

Weaknesses:    monocoque dents easily on hard impacts

Bottom Line:
Great frame. Very happy with it. Still riding it 10 years after purchase.

Favorite Trail:   many

Purchased At:   discount(employee)Mojo wheels

Similar Products Used:   n/a

Bike Setup:   girvin vector 2 fork, mavic rims, michelin hot s tires. xt, blah blah

Submitted by Mike Petterson a Weekend Warrior from Vancouver, Canada

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2000

Strengths:    Great ride with enough travel to take the edge off. I have tried suspension frames that broke, and have had a hard time replacing the "Steel Feel" ride that I used to have. This bike is the best of both the Steel and Aluminum worlds. Stiff as hell, but resiliant enough to keep you from being pounded to death.

Weaknesses:    Not Canadian Built!!!! The price of the frame only is quite scary...You have to be a fan of the bike to pay the price. The styling is a love it ...hate it variety.

Bottom Line:
Buy it, ride it , love it!!!! Most versatile bike I've tried. Being 260 lbs beats stuff up, and I have had no problems with this bike.

Favorite Trail:   Vedder Mountain

Similar Products Used:   GT LTS 1000
Norco TNT
Rocky Ti Bolt
Rocky Hammer
Cove Hummer

Bike Setup:   X-vert with Hayes disk. XT mix with Race Face post, Roox stem, and Pro-taper bar with Mavic rims.

Submitted by Jim Allington a Racer from Lakewood, CO.

Date Reviewed: November 8, 1999

Strengths:
Monocoque frame-looks different.
.5 in of rear travel, just enough to take the edge off and still remain stiff. Lots of stand over height, very quick and easy to maneuver

Weaknesses:
The frame is not a stiff as I would like, it seems to move a bit

Bottom Line:
great frame. Complient, sprints well, can be ridden aggressively all day and you feel as though you did not waste any energy. The frame looks cools and turns heads all day as well!

White Ranch