Jericho Bicycles Payback Frameset

The Payback is constructed of Columbus Foco tubing and comes set up for derailleurs and Hayes hydraulic brakes. Designed to accommodate 65-80mm travel suspension forks, and handlebar widths up to 25".

Submitted by Ed Merkel a Cross Country Rider from Germany

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2011

Strengths:    Columbus steel handmade,very light(3.85 lbs for 18"),XC geometry,finishing and welds are simply outstanding,very nice paint and the brass front emblem is really cool!

Weaknesses:    Not a weakness but it was made for disc brake only,and it is really hard to find.(Not longer made)

Bottom Line:
I was looking for my first steel bike,and I really wanted an Independent fabrication frame,but one day someone posted this Jericho bike on ebay.

Before bidding on this frame I look on the web some information about it and ....there's almost nothing,just some forums and some pictures of lucky guys who have it,but it was a comment on a forum that made me decide to get the Jericho.... " It just feels so great and sometimes you forget you're riding a hardtail"... Well, I got it,and have a lot of fun running the cables and I assemble this bike in a couple of hours in my home. The next day I took it out for the ride of my life,simple.....Unbelievable,the quality of the steel make it feel totally different to my Titanium bike,and of course,to any aluminum frame I had.

When I stand up on the feels very fast,no looses of energy transfer,very,very comfortable,and it is really hard to describe any kind of sensation.

If for any reason you look for a steel bike,be patience,and look for a Jericho.It will be worth it,for life!!!

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   This is my first steel bike.

Bike Setup:   Full XT drivetrain,rock shox fork,DT swiss wheelset,avid disc brakes,Time pedals,Thomson seatpost,EC70 handlebar.,cane creek headset.

Submitted by Sean McDevitt a Cross Country Rider from Berkeley

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Strengths:    Everything, 3.5 lbs of pure performance. From the hand finished stainless steel drop-outs to the seven sided down tube this Columbus Foco tubed rivals any Ti frame for ride quality. The welds are amazing, flawless and Columbus ios not easy to weld. Gotta hand it to Josh Ogle, his experience shows. The pimpin cnc'd head badge and the 2 layers of powder coating plus the clear coat are the icing on the cake.

Weaknesses:    Your girlfriend might leave you because you are always out riding.

Bottom Line:
It's not sex but it's close. The payback tracks like mad down the hill and climbs like a goat. If I had any choice of any bike frame, to include seven, merlin, fat chance and all the others, I would choose the Payback. Yes it is named after the James Brown Song "Payback." I love it like a fat man loves the last slice of pizza.

Favorite Trail:   illegal single track at night

Purchased At:   jericho bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale beast of the East& m500. Specialized M2, M4, FSR xc Pro, rhygin Metax, schwinn homegrown....I'll never give my money to another big corporation so some VP can get $150,00.00 per year

Bike Setup:   Shifters sram 9.0 sl, Race Face Next LP Carbon cranks, xtr front der. Sram 9.0sl rear der., Hayes Hydraulic, SRam9.0sl hubs and rear cassette. Salsa skewers, psylo sl, monkeylite bars and thomson seatpost and stem. flite gel saddle.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!