Foes LTS Frameset

3.86/5 (7 Reviews)

LTS

Submitted by jeff008 a Downhiller from Eugene Oregon

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2009

Strengths:    it has been great so far i have hit some pretty big drops on it. Feels way to light to be so damn strong

Weaknesses:    the mono construction feels really weak if you dont know anything about hydro formed metals its just to light feeling to be as strong as it is

Bottom Line:
it just flat out rocks and the rest of these reviews are way old i know but i just had to say that the foes customer service must have gotten 300% better the girl i emailed with knew her stuff and was able to give me specs and areas to check out for fissures and fatigue cracks on the frame and is looking around the warehouse to see if they have any hop up parts laying around.

Favorite Trail:   any trail fast enough to do something stupid on

Purchased At:   Portland oregon fram

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz blur

Bike Setup:   manitou dorado forks disc brakes front and rear profile cranks some no name stem that i have been beating on for years

Submitted by matt a Downhiller from levittown pa usa

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2007

Strengths:    Very durable. I beat the crap out of this bike racing expert class downhill for alot of years and I bought it used off a 220lb guy who did the same for 2 seasons before me and it has held up. Goes fast as you want.

Weaknesses:    the screw-in steer tube on the f-1 fork twisted on me and sent me off course and down the side of a mountain. bad design if u ask me. Yea, foes has terrible customer service.Not even a little bit friendly. So you know the product is good. sells itself.

Bottom Line:
Its an outdated design. I guess the oldest longtravel design there is. But its simplicity makes it durable. Only 1 massive pivot withstands the test of time. My frame is from 1995 and I still take it out and beat on it. Lots of fun and fast.

Favorite Trail:   ski bowl mt hood OR

Purchased At:   friend in Washington state

Similar Products Used:   Intense m-1, Tomac 204,

Bike Setup:   lts 16" frame, f-1 fork with 6" kit, formula front disk with magura rear hyd cantilever. mrp chainguide, kooka cranks. roller bearing pivot update.

Submitted by bryan marlow a Downhiller from Bend Oregon

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2004

Strengths:    lots

Weaknesses:    few

Bottom Line:
good bike, too tall of top tube.

Submitted by jeff mccarthy from vail, colorado

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2001

Strengths:    never had a bike-be so good! this thing has everything you could want from a dh/freeride set up. stiff mono front end and beefy bad ass dirt bike looking swing arm spinging on a fox RC. there's no turning back on this thing point it thru any gnarliness you find, it'll find a line. i've been riding it down Vail everyday since i got it and the thing begs for more each run. it's shown me things about riding i didn't know were out there (i.e. huge drops and sick steep lines)

Weaknesses:    after about a week of riding this bike, an acute paranoia will set in...you'll wake up in the middle of the night, sweating, thinking someone is looking at or breathing near your bike...don't worry, it will pass. so will your desire to pedal uphill

Bottom Line:
buy this frame, throw a triple clamp on it, and burn down the nearest steep insanity you can find...free yourself

Favorite Trail:   speeder bike, stewart airport, ny

Purchased At:   mtbr marketpalce-frames

Similar Products Used:   intense m-1, santa cruz bullit, it'll take any of the big names to the cleaners

Bike Setup:   foes lts II, marzocci shiver, azonic stem/handlebars/seat, XT drive train, sun dbl wides/hayes hubs, hayes 8" disc, raceface post

Submitted by Flavio from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2000

Strengths:    Eye-catching, nice paint colors

Weaknesses:    Sidewalls of the head tube gusset open a big crack. The cable guides are positioned between the double crow fork and the frame. This way the rubber bumpers hits the cable housing and the cable housing cracked the frame sidewalls.The paint was gone in the first week of mud riding.
Foes Customers Service just doesn’t exist. They treat customer as liers, lay and don’t give attention to you.
How I miss my old Specialized Max Bone FSR that I smashed for three long years and nothing happened with the head tube sidewalls. How can a frame that cost four times higher be fragile like that?

Bottom Line:
I have a friend that broke four GT Lobo frames and the fifth frame is already coming from GT. He is not GT sponsored and everybody knows that he broke the frames crashing. I broke mine, everyone that see the crack tells me that Foes should give me a new one and people from Foes just don`t want it. Just because Foes is a garage frame bulding they can`t give me a new frame? They can`t admit that it was bad designed? Should I feel shame for Foes?

Similar Products Used:   Specialized FSR Max Bone DHO (97 Model)
How I miss my old FSR

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi Jr.T changed for a Boxxer 00, MRP, Mavic 521, XT.....

Submitted by ben coker a Downhiller from darwin.northern teritory,australia

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2000

Strengths:    everything about this bike is unbelivably perfect this bike is so stiff and strong i use it for all aspects of riding. Its handles great on our cross country and single tracks. The plushness of the bike suspension really dose the fox float justice. it is the best bike i have every ridden and i will own it for years to come.

Weaknesses:    the only problem with a monocoque frame is that they act as an amplifier for creaks from loose cranks and stuff. but that does not effect the ride at all its just a personel preference.

Bottom Line:
this bike is good for the hardcore downhiller in everyone, or it is a great bike to have fun with doing every thing fron Trails thor street and cross country riding.

Similar Products Used:   giant ds1, cannondale

Bike Setup:   Marzzochi Z1 on the front, a fox Float with coil over is on the rear. Hope four pot disc brakes on the front, Hope two pot disc brakes on the bake with hope bulb hubs front and rear. dice two-six disc specific rims, AC cold forged cranks and a full Xt drivetrain. Odi loc on grips are on the Kore handlebars up front, which are held there by a control tech stem conncted to the bike via a king headset. A control tech renforced seat post holds the sdg saddle in place.

Submitted by kevin a downhiller from ca

Date Reviewed: January 8, 1999

Bottom Line:

Well the frame i'm reviewing is the '97 LTS. I like the design more than the '99. But anyways this frame rocks!!!!!!! I put the ball bearing kit in the pivotand added a fox vanilla rx shock. All i can say is it's butter. I added on a white brothers ud150 added on my hayes disk brakes and man for the money this seriosly one my all time favorite rides. If you thinking of buying one go for it!!! reasonable price... not cheap by any means but if buy used :) you'll save a fortune and they can not be broken. I have beaten this bike and it still feels like new!!!!!!! way to go foes!

Need a measurement from a 16" LTS-1 please

Hi guys, I need a point of reference. Can someone with a 16" frame, 95 or 96 LTS Team or LTS-1 take an effective top tube measurement for me? i.e. from center of headtube to center of seatpost on a horizontal line Thanks in advance!Read More »

GT LTS STS Thermoplastic

pues bien hace unos dias caminando por un tianguis o sorpresa me encuentro con esta clasica arrumbada como cualquier fierro Viejo y eso me dio a entender que el cuante que la vendia no sabia mucho de bicis por el trato que le estaba dando pero me equivoque jejejeje si sabia y la bici estaba practica ... Read More »

Looking for GT LTS chainstay

I think my model is a 95-96 GT LTS TEAM. I have picture of it. I've bought it on ebay but after verify it i've see that the chainstay have a little crack on it . I have in mind to weld it but not sure if it will last long. So anyway if someone want to sell me this my email is [EMAIL="francoter@ ... Read More »

GT LTS shock adaptor

I can' figure out if this is genius or the sketchiest thing ever. Anyone (other than the dude that makes them) have an opinion? Worth the 95 bucks? [ATTACH=CONFIG]879548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]879549[/ATTACH]Read More »

GT LTS fans

Hi All~ Relatively new here and needing some info from the guys who know the GT LTS. I've been searching for one've these, and have come across some oldies with the original elastomer rear shock (what a disgrace to have)...and want to know if that is easily upgradeable to the newer, spring-&dampen ... Read More »