BREW Racing Frames 180 Proof Frameset

180 Proof Frame is their stock frame.

Submitted by japey a Cross Country Rider from Athens, GA

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2009

Strengths:    beautiful handcrafted frame; clean welds, good design, great geometry for SE riding.

Weaknesses:    powdercoating OK: silver is a tough color. No clear coat, not a big deal but my little hillbilly logo needs to be replaced soon. rear dropouts have a funny clearance issue with my derailleur hanger, so I have to unthread QR nut to remove rear wheel. Steve wasn't sure what happened with that.

Bottom Line:
Four + years down the road I still love this bike. It has its quirks but handles amazingly well; I might jump up to a 100mm fork at some point but have changed almost nothing since I first built it in summer 2005. I love that it was built right in NC, I think that makes it ride better the closer it gets to home. Great simple XC hardtail frame, thanks Steve.

Favorite Trail:   Pisgah