Breezer Jet Stream Frameset

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Breezer Jet Stream

Submitted by William a Cross Country Rider from Aurora On.

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2001

Strengths:    Light weigth, and a super stiff ride Great handling u cao do anything on this even some trials

Weaknesses:    I have broken 2 already on one the head tube had hair line along the weldswhere the down meet the head and also where the top meet the headtube. the paint tends to crack whrer the Q ball decals are, and the fixed read derailleur hanger, although oversized it can bend and beleive me as a head mechanic once bent it is hard to get it ot bend back and not recmonded.

Bottom Line:
The bike is the most responsive frame I have Ever felt But Should not be used for drop offs or out-of -bounds riding, I am always ride one P.S if u are big u will bend seat rails

Favorite Trail:   Ravenshoe

Purchased At:   Bicycle Planet where I work

Similar Products Used:   Devinci 1500

Bike Setup:   has done every thing SID-ridged, 1"-2.5" tires XTR drive train, crossmaxx-d521, Avid arch=Ultimate breaks, chris king head set, Profile stem, Easton Monkeylite, Easton CT2 seatpost, salle itiallia flite ti.

Submitted by kelly a Weekend Warrior from Central, Maine

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2001

Strengths:    Lightness, esthetics

Weaknesses:    Paint job is cracking badly

Bottom Line:
I worked in a bike shop when I bought this at cost around '96 and dramatically customized it. It's rigid and at >22lbs. It is incredibly light and handles like a charm especially with the Ritchey WCS 1.95. However, over time, the paint has cracked right down to the base and is in danger of peeling off all together in spots. I have not addressed this with Breezer as I expect it is not covered by warranty. Although a very cool paint job, it is not good quality. I hope that has changed over the last few years.

Submitted by bill a Cross Country Rider from vermont

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2000

Strengths:    absolutely great paint job, i admit it's the main reason i fell in love with the frame.
it rides smooth and fast and takes quite a beating
did i metion what a great paint job this bike has

Weaknesses:    the burly breezer dropouts sometimes intimidate other riders.

Bottom Line:
be one of a very few to own a legendary breezer, i was even able to talk to the real Joe Breeze. how many bike companies can you say that about

Similar Products Used:   jamis dragon, S-works, cannondale

Bike Setup:   Judy, LX and XT

Submitted by Jake Rytlewski a Racer from Bay City, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2000

Strengths:    Nice light steel
Steel is the real deal
Nice paint job

Bottom Line:
This bike is awesome. It is the best mountain bike I have ever ridden. I don't think i would rather have anything else besides a steel breezer Mtb. It rides great. In the year before i raced this bike i was hardly finishing sport men 15-18 races than when I got it i finshed well and moved up to expert men 24 and under and am finishing well in those races. I just can not say enough good things about this bike. I think that the Breezer Jet Stream was a much smoother and better ride than my old aluminum Klien. I prefer it 100 times more.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Custard

Bike Setup:   Ritchey 2x9. XT V-Brakes. Grip shift.

Quickie: headset size for breezer jet stream

Hi, could you guys tell me what size headset a 94ish jet stream has? I am guessing 1 inch but forgot to measure/look closely at the birds bike at the weekend. If 1inch, I will have to join the rest of the world in looking for a cheap, threadless 1 inch sus fork.......... cheers in advance, dave.Read More »

97 breezer jet stream in classifieds...

I'm finally letting go...I built it up and rode it half a dozen times this spring. so much fun that I ordered up a custom rigid steel frame and thats all i've ridden all summer! let me know if you have questions... add # 79841 i don't know how to link it directly to this.Read More »