Azonic 2002 Eliminator Frameset

4.11/5 (9 Reviews)

High Performance DH Frame

Submitted by Renzo Martin de rossi a Downhiller from PERU

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2007

Strengths:    good bike ,super resistent ,light weigth ,very good geometry ,easy to handle, good for jumps , long rides

Weaknesses:    dont fit , 5th element or fox dh5.because of the air capsule size

Bottom Line:
its a very good bike for the price ,resist many years off full DH. runs very fast ,as fast as any other more new or expensive bike .good for racing, easy to handle in jumps
resists big jumps very good .
excelent bike i really recomended .

Favorite Trail:   chincheros /cusco

Purchased At:   friend

Similar Products Used:   santa cruz super 8,v-10,azonic recoil,giant,gary fisher,swing

Bike Setup:   eliminator medium frame ,888rt 04 fork, fox vanilla rc shock 550 spring, truvativ cranks,hayes nine 05 brakes, 8.5 rear travel,maxxis 2.5 minion tires

Submitted by Tim a Downhiller from San Jose , CA, USA

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2006

Strengths:    8 Inches of plush travel. Strong derailler hanger, No creaks, Short. Handles like a hard tail.

Weaknesses:    A ton of pedal bob. Not an all mountain. Short headtube. 135mm bb width. I use solid through now, so all Is fine. Rear feels flexy. I only like one of 60 or so rear setups which is fine. Didnt take me long either so not really a neg.

Bottom Line:
This frame rocks. Ive beaten the piss outa it. Ive hucked it off a 28 foot drop, a 15 foot to flat, dirt jumped, rode it urban, rode it dual slalom, all mountain riding, and literally chucked it 30 feet in the air bailing off a 35 foot dub. Nothing has happened to it. I baught frame beat up. and have beat it up more. Nothing can break this bike. Not even thrashing it jumping down a 28 step to flat concrete. Screw these peoples that said they break derailler hangers when they bottom. Ive bottomed the hell out of this frame and had no problems. Ive chucked it in the air to land on concrete on my rear end, broke nothing. I thrashed my saint derailler to the point it would not shift, and nothing on the frame broke. I just wanted to clear peoples bad reviews on this frame. I rate this up there with my old karpiel armageddon or Intense m3. Bike rides like butter, and you could beat it with a sledge hammer and still have it ridable. The only reason I switched to a To,mac mag 204 is because I got one brand new, ( 03 model ) and because I need a newer frame. My azonic is creaking now. But only after about 30 or so 25-35 foot drops, and how many bails. I rate this a 10 out of 10. Screw you biased reviewers. Ill meet you on the trail. O wait, none of you probably can ride what I ride so gg.

Favorite Trail:   Steel head, magic carpet, secret tails wooo!

Purchased At:   EBAY Used. Already beat up frame

Similar Products Used:   Tomac Mag 204, Demo 9, Intense m3. karpiel armageddon, karpiel disco vante, da bomb (all frames.)

Bike Setup:   Currently mag 204 stacked. But on my azonic : azonic eliminator, 888r's truvativ dh bars, profile cranks, hadley front hub, hadley rear hub, mag 30 rims, 24 rim in rear, 26 in front, mrp guide, azonic seatpost, xs street bmx seat (best seat in the world, and xs is no longer made nor a company anymore. Would not trade this seat for anything.) Hayes nyne brakes. 10 rotor front, 8 rear. goodrich lines. Avalanche shock.

Submitted by Alex Rachner a Downhiller from Kilauea Hi USA

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2006

Strengths:    cheap plush

Weaknesses:    worthless hanger, snaps off every time the bike bottoms out.

Bottom Line:
DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   crack addict

Purchased At:   1300

Similar Products Used:   big hit

Bike Setup:   travis with cool components

Submitted by P Clapp a Downhiller from Charlotte,nc,usa

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2005

Strengths:    great feel, strong, perfect for downhill, plush

Weaknesses:    took me a while to figure out how to get the full 8.5 inches of travel out of it.

Bottom Line:
it was a good bike, and it taught me a lot, i liked it.

Favorite Trail:   a-line

Purchased At:   from friend

Bike Setup:   boxxer, dhx air, truvativ bar stem and crankset, sram x.0, mavic dee max

Submitted by Dave Roach a Weekend Warrior from Spanish Fork

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2005

Strengths:    Strong, and an excellent deal for the price.

Weaknesses:    Weight.

Bottom Line:
I typically run around the local campus and drop this thing off anything I think I can handle. So far its taken 10' drops onto concrete with no problems. I have yet to get it up to Dear Vally for some DH, but I cant imagine it doing any different. For the $$$ this is a really great bike.

Purchased At:   internet

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Bullit, Specialized BigHit, Schwinn straight 6

Bike Setup:   Monster T fork, 26" doublewide rims, Intense 2.7's, Raceface cranks, Shorty stem, xtr componentry.

Submitted by sergey keidar a Downhiller from gan-yavne israel

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2004

Strengths:    looks cool, very dynamic and was strong

Weaknesses:    suddenly I discovered crack at the lower welding border between headset and lower frame tube, the same crack appeared in my friends eliminator

Bottom Line:
before the frame cracked ( my weight is only 60kg and I am freerider more than height-jumper) I was satisfied. I didnt find warranty terms at AzonicUSA site... Dont know what to say except disappointment...
I am going to buy Banshee Scream frame

Favorite Trail:   freeride, downhill

Purchased At:   local shop

Bike Setup:   888R, 321+Michelin 2.8 tires, sram setup, raceface diabolus,original fox shock

Submitted by Blake Roberts a Downhiller from Houston,tx

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2003

Strengths:    looks like a combonation of a karpiel disco volante and a intense m1

Weaknesses:    ???????heavy?????????

Bottom Line:
definatly put a 24 on the back and have at least a 38 tooth chainring. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT OTHER GUY IS TALKING ABOUT HE IS LUCKY HIS IS ONLY 42 POUNDS MINE COMES OUT AT ABOUT 53 POUNDS.

Purchased At:   bought new from a freind

Similar Products Used:   2002 stinky deelux

Bike Setup:   monster t racefeace cranks blackspire chaingude

Submitted by Mike Seymour a Downhiller from Knoxville,TN,,USA

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2003

Strengths:    Strong tubes---no monococque

Weaknesses:    Rear entry dropout makes you loosten up the rear caliper to remove wheel

Bottom Line:
The adjustments will work you until you find the best position.Take the spring OFF & then you can tell where is best.You can botom on either the; seat-tube or the seattube itself on the swingarm--or the seat ! & i have hit ALL 3..You HAVE TO take the spring OFF the shock & remount it too see !
This frame let's you rip it up,The 500# spring on the FOX-rc is TOO soft i'm 188# weight....Get a 24" rear wheel to use more of all the adjustments to get a decent headangle rake!
Stiff & strong with no flex i have lot's of confidence in the reliability of the ELiminator !
Chain comes close to the top swingarm & get's caught in the tire sometimes-
I'm 6'3" & it fit's me fine w/ a 80mm stem
The cranks will hit the ground alot when you compress the suspension & turn at all-Beware! But it rocks with a low BB.
Azonic should post a chart about all the adjustments & not leave it a mystery...great frame for the money-less than a M1 & just might be heavier(but might also be stronger)! peas

Favorite Trail:   Sugar mtn dh

Purchased At:   local dude

Similar Products Used:   Giant atx dh,Marin B-17,LeToy3

Bike Setup:   Monster-T, Hussefelt dh cranks ,24" Doublewide 3" Intense rear wheel ,AZONIC risers .Primo pedals .D-wide front wheel 26"

Submitted by Billy Patterson from Centennial, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2002

Strengths:    Very Strong Frame, Smooth Ride. Very Adjustable Frame. Great Bang for Buck!!! Will Bomb Downhill like a beast!!!

Weaknesses:    Fully Built it is on the Heavy Side. 42lbs. But Thats how downhill Bikes are.
No Worries. Only Comes in one Size. 16.5" - Fox Vanilla Rc Shock i too Light weight.
You will bottom out like never before with stock spring.
5th Element doesnt fit this frame. would have to modify frame to make fit.
I had to Order heavy duty spring from Fox. Have to Use Azonic Chain Guide unless
you want to modify MRP Chain guide to Fit.
I didnt, I bought the Azonic Chain Guide. Would Have Rather used MRP.
But Azonic Chain guide is very quiet compared to others!!!

Bottom Line:
Great Bike for Price. I only paid 899.00 for Frame, and bought the Shiver DC Forks Used for
650.00 in New Condition. But I still in the end have over $3,200.00 in the Bike.
Great Bang for the buck no doubt. This is my first Downhill Bike, but have I been riding
downhill on a cross country bike. Guys on the mountain cant believe how good i can
ride it. I Raced BMX for years and was ABA Tx-4 #1 in Texas 2 years in Row.
So I am a very experienced Rider. Downhill is a blast like nothing Else.
Since I live in Colorado, I get to get out to downhill alot.
Next time I buy I think I may save my Pennies for while and Just go Intense M1!

Favorite Trail:   Wild Thing