Trek Farley-Series Fat Bikes

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Frameset accepts standard 170mm fat bike hub.
  • Farley's tapered E2 head tube makes for a precise-handling fatty.
  • Alpha Platinum Aluminum and our most sophisticated tube shaping deliver a light, high-performance frame that fears no terrain.

Submitted by Fat Stever

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2015

Strengths:    Solid components, great frame, seems lighter than it is....a ton of fun to ride

Weaknesses:    ? no suspension, but do I need it ?

Bottom Line:
I live in Illinois and purchased this 2014 model three months ago to extend my biking season. I ride a road bike in the summer and an old Trek mountain bike in the fall. I liked the 2014 better than the 2015 models from Trek. I wanted the 2014 because of components - the Salsa hubs, the Surly Rims, the Surley Knard tires, the Avid brakes, and the SRAM shifters and Shimano Casette. The 14 model has a double chain ring up front so I have the granny gear if I need it. Future upgrades could include clipped pedals, and suspension forks.

Our winter started out slow - without much snow, so I was able to "break in" the farley on the frozen, sometimes wet snowmobile trails. Had a blast with it in the mud and sand. I took it up to Kettle Morraine in Wisconsin and learned to use it in the snow - great times. I recently added 45North snow tires and took it to the North Woods in MN - lots of ice, but the tires performed great. I look forward to using this all summer, and passing the old mountain bike down to the kids...

Bottom line - the bike has performed no matter where I have taken it, and yes it does bring a smile to your face !

Submitted by Mick a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2014

Strengths:    Very comfortabel, Goes fast in corners and good looking, not. to heavy.

Weaknesses:    Uphil not as fast a 29er due too heavier wheels.

Bottom Line:
What some say,is true , it makes a smile on your face riding this bike.

Favorite Trail:   Schoorl, Netherlands