Surly Ice Cream Truck Fat Bikes

The Ice Cream Truck frame is symmetrically spaced at 190mm. It features our MDS dropout system so you have the option of running a 197mm thru-axle, 190mm geared or a single speed rear end. It also features a 132mm wide PressFit 41 bottom bracket. Giving the Ice Cream Truck a PF41 bottom bracket allowed us to move the stays out and create a much stiffer rear end. The frame is spec’d with a 44mm headtube to give you options in the fork department and comes with a suspension corrected straight blade fork with dropouts spaced at 150mm with a 15mm thru-axle.

Submitted by Bryan1113 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2014

Strengths:    Awesome traction, solid feel on the trail, Plows through loose sand and whatever else you throw at it! Great climber considering the weight of the bike.

Weaknesses:    heavy but so am I

Bottom Line:
Coming from 29er HT this bike just amazed me on how it handles...I live in desert area and this bike just plows through it all. Yes it's HEAVY and RIGID but there is something about it that keeps me coming back to it and my other bike is collecting dust. Bike really surprised me on the downhills. There are so many trails I have avoided because it's loose and sandy but now i'm riding them all. Did I mention it's FAST? Once this bike gets going it's like a runaway train especially on downhill sections. Very very happy with my first Fat Bike...go buy one if you can find one. Happy Trails

Favorite Trail:   Bell Mountain, Honda Valley