Norco Bigfoot Fat Bikes

Norco is introducing a Fatbike for 2014. A versatile yet affordable option for snow, sand or wherever you plan to go, the Bigfoot brings the joy of fatbiking to the masses.

Submitted by Seanster a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2014

Strengths:    Excellent geometry, stand over clearance, hydro brakes, good looks, value, gearing, misc mounts.

Weaknesses:    Tires, pedals, saddle

Bottom Line:
My first fattie. Bought due price point and desire to ride moe in winter. The bike was sold out and I had to have one shipped in. At 6'-3" it fits me great (rode a L but XL is better). Outstanding geometry. Loads of clearance when your foot sinks down 18" in the powder off the trail. I would much prefer this geometry over a Pugs or similar straight top tube bike. I own a Crosscheck nothing against Surly

Hydro brakes rock! Budget $200 for better tires. I'm riding Lou in ft and Nate rear. Great setup! Also a Thudbuster post makes it a posh ride. These bikes should come with one as an option. Also Saint pedals resolve the cheap stock ones. Pretty dialed in now, but that all adds to the cost. I've not tested it but with shaving side lugs a Lou might fit in the rear. Tight clearance on chain though I'd guess. At 185lb the Nate is almost all I'd need for rear traction in out N Utah snow. But the Lou is great up ft. Both are 120tpi and the ride is good one frozen footprints.

Also, MSRP is NOT $1700. This bike is priced really well vs the alternatives. With better tires in 2015 it'll be very popular. No rusting with alum frame and a sweet deal. Kudos to Norco (and to Misdoula Bike Source, who was awesome!).

Btw, this was the most fun on a bike since my first mtb in 1984 (a Lotus from Wamsley's in Motown WV). :) Slow but just darn phat phun!

Duration Product Used:   2wks

Purchased At:   Missoula Bike Source

Similar Products Used:   Just typical mt bikes.