Sette Venom Downhill Full Suspension

• Bottom Bracket: 73mm
  • Shock Length (eye-to-eye): 8.75"/ 22.2cm

Submitted by nick seyler

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2012

Strengths:    strong frame solid good strong welds no puddles , really awesome set up with the rear shock easy to get at the compression adjust rebound unlike other frames .

Weaknesses:    none. the color is a little fugly i repainted mine its still loos the same but black love it.

Bottom Line:
I ride alot whether its highland park in NH or just bombing around town. I have alot of miles and abuse with it for about 3 years now and theres no problems at all no cracks or problems with the rockshox vivid awsome frame , the frame i belive weighs 12 pounds so depending on how you build it you can ring it in a lot lighter mine weighs 37pounds fully built and it rocks. see you on the trails , THANKS PRICE POINT.

Submitted by Carloisawsome a Racer from San Ramon

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2012

Strengths:    Can't go wrong with a single pivot,the vivid,how beefy the frame is,and pretty bomb proof

Weaknesses:    Could use a 1.5 headset,an angle set would be neat to slap on considering the HA.a bit heavy,and takes some getting used to because of the geometry.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line,for how cheap it is and what u get for the price,the bikes pretty sick,ofcourse it can never be anything like a v10 or my old dhr,but with enough love and dialing,the bike can be a pretty decent dh bike.

Favorite Trail:   Chaparral

Purchased At:   Pink bike

Similar Products Used:   Sc bullit (02,05), Cannondale Gemini dh,turner dhr(2006),giant team dh,iron horse sgs dh,and a khs dh 100 lol.

Bike Setup:   2005 dorado up front,elixirs,vivid,race face cranks,e13 srs,mavic see maxs,minion and high rOllers,holzfeller 60mm stem,gravity 29 inch bars,lizard skin grips,shimano xt rear der(old faithful),selle ti saddle,shimano spds,and that's about it.

Submitted by jmallory a Downhiller from SLO

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2011

Strengths:    Great DH introductory bike, pedals decent

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike, especially for the price, to introduce yourself to downhill riding. I put a front derailleur on it and with the steeper HA, I was able to pedal up everything I wanted (it sucked and it was slow, but its doable). The bike is a little heavy, but that was good while going through rough rockgardens. It doesn't accelerate all that well, so if you're riding a lot of ups and downs, it may feel sluggish. But for $300 its a great bargain. I actually preferred the RS Vivid 5.1 over my Fox DHX 5.0 coil.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Bike Setup:   Boxxer and front derailleur

Submitted by RSabarese a Weekend Warrior from Clark, NJ

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2010

Strengths:    I'm very impressed with this frame. Very strong and stiff rear. The Vivid is fantastic.

Weaknesses:    Other than the shock setup for a 160lb person, requiring a firmer spring, nothing

Bottom Line:
This frame is great. I'm thrilled with its performance and the build of my bike. I've only used it at Diablo in NJ so far, however may take it to verticle earth on PA this year. It is a heavy, strong, stiff bike. The proce was excellent, no wonder they are all but gone...

Favorite Trail:   Diablo

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   I have many trail bikes, but this is my first dh/fr bike.

Bike Setup:   Venom (large), 550lb spring, Domain 318 180mm firm spring, Truvative cranks, Azonic Outlaw wheels and Intense DH 2.5 tires

Submitted by CJS a Downhiller from Omaha, NE USA

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2010

Strengths:    Big Burly solid frame.

Weaknesses:    Ugly color

Bottom Line:
For 300 bucks! Are you kidding me, you have to be a fool to pass it up. solid bike design. You can't buy the rockshox Vivid for that price. I bought it just to have a spare frame around but built it up once I saw it. You have to expect to spend over 1000 bucks for an equal frame.

Favorite Trail:   SHY ANN- WInter Park

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   KHS AM 2000, K2 Tirade, Haro Extreme 6

Bike Setup:   Sette frame, Boxxer forks, howitzer BB, king Earl cranks, Azonic Outlaw wheels

Submitted by Bog Dogs a Downhiller from Carver, Ma, USA

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2010

Strengths:    Durability, stiffness and excellent rear shock. As a newbie to Downhill I have crashed my way through the learning process on this frame. This solid beast hardly has a scratch on it. In addition, due to stabilizers it is ultra stiff and has allowed me to achieve sprints up to 30mph. Plus, the shock (RockShox Vivid 5.1) is one of the best on the market and has easily handled every hit I've taken.

Weaknesses:    It is a little heavy. The bottom bracket had to be re-threaded for a proper fit.

Bottom Line:
Ever since I started riding mountain bikes I wanted to downhill but never had the money. The Sette Venom was the most inexpensive DH frame I could find. I took apart my XC bike and used many components plus some used ones to help build up this frame for Downhill. After two months of intense practice (mostly at Highland MTB Park), I raced the Venom at Pat's Peak MTB Festival. It performed better than expected, earning me a gold medal. This is the perfect bike for a newbie who is low on cash.

Favorite Trail:   Putney, Vermont

Purchased At:   Price Point.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek Scratch

Bike Setup:   All used parts. Marzocchi Junior T fork, S-Type Sun Rims, Gravity stem, Truvativ bars, Kenda Nevegal DH tires, X-O rear derailleur and Avid Elixir CR brakes.

TLD Moto and Azonic Venom Shorts Fit?

Anyone who runs either of these shorts, can you comment on how they fit size wise? Are they close to the advertised waist size? How much slack does the ratcheting waist take up on either? My actual waist measures 36 but all my shorts are 34 and are slightly loose fitting.Read More »

Sette Venom with a dual crown?

Hey all, I posted the same question in the DH/FR section but I figured you all may know too. I just want to know if a Venom can handle a DC and not rip the head tube off. Thanks, PaulRead More »

Sette Venom with a dual crown?

Hey all, So I have a Sette Venom (Pricepoint's catalog freeride frame) and now it has a 180mm Domain on it. I am thinking about putting a dual crown (older Boxxer Team or Race probably) on it to make it more slack and because I want to use the domain on another bike. I know the frame was built ... Read More »

want info about Venom frame

I'm curious as to how well this frame would work with a 160mm fork and an AM oriented kit on it? How would this frame do for AM riding with some road riding to the trails? how does this bike climb? by the look of it, I'd have to say not too good. I'm looking for an inexpensive bike that would work f ... Read More »

My Venom

Just got back from an all day ride at Diablo Freeride park in NJ. My Venom kicked tail, silky smooth and utra great handling. It got quite a few looks and nice ride comments.Read More »