Mongoose Boot-R Downhill Full Suspension

• Drivetrain: 9-Speed w/ Shimano Saint Derailleur
  • Brakes: Hayes Stroker Trail Hydraulic Disc

Submitted by ttran73 a Weekend Warrior from Stamford, Ct 06905

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2009

Strengths:    It is in the midst of winter right now, so I haven't had the chance to put this baby to the test yet. But just got it on Performance Bikes (Thanksgiving Special) for half the price (09 version). But it seems like a very solid bike and the specs are great.

Weaknesses:    None I can see for now...TBD

Bottom Line:
I've looked around and the prices of some of these rigs, I think should come with an engine. Anyways, I can't believe that I got a DH rig for this price. Can't wait to take it for a run in the spring.

Purchased At:   Performance Bikes

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by SL Hit Squad a Weekend Warrior from CA

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2009

Strengths:    Bomb Proof Frame. Freedrive works as advertised. High end components for half the price. Tracks very well through turns. Well balanced front and rear.

Weaknesses:    A little on the heavy side. Bike was built with safety casseste plastics on. Pedals look nice but pins suck.

Bottom Line:
Very satisfied with the bike. The techs who built my bike made some minor mistakes but it wasnt anything I couldnt fix. I was missing one adjustment cap for my 888 fork which is a huge bummer. I'm 5'8 and I ride the medium size. The bike has huge brake rotors and grippy tires. Freedrive works extremely well at high speeds. This bike pedals well and handles great. No complaints so far except for the weight but its a downhill bike. Mongoose is approaching this very wisely. Kind of like how Giant was selling bikes for cheap and now charging up the ass for a bike, Mongoose is probably making no money on each sale but just getting their name out there again.

Favorite Trail:   Devil's Spine

Purchased At:   Performance Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Big "S" Demo 8.

Bike Setup:   All stock.

Submitted by sparkymtb38 a Weekend Warrior from Ohio,USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2009

Strengths:    Bought this bike at the beginning of the season. Been downhilling about 10 times this year. SWEET bike for the money!Awesome components and the freedrive system works great! This bike takes everything I have thrown at it!I'm a decent rider{nothing spectacular, but not bad either!}and this bike is just awesome!!

Weaknesses:    Pedals are kinda crappy.

Bottom Line:
Great bike!!! Great price for a full downhill rig!!!If you don't have a ton of cash and you want a quality downhill bike figure out what size frame you need and grab one of these! With the components that this bike comes with and how well it rides,I can't see how you could go wrong!! Mongoose has come a long way! This is NOT a Walmart bike by any stretch of the imagination!!

Favorite Trail:   snowshoe mountain

Similar Products Used:   Tried some of the more expensive bikes.Didn't see a reason to spend all that extra cash for a name when this bike preformed just as well!!!

Bike Setup:   All stock except for heavier rear coil spring.I like my rear a little stiff