GT Fury Alloy 2.0 Downhill Full Suspension

An alloy version of Mich Hannah’s World Cup DH Rig, by using aluminum instead of carbon fiber, the Fury now becomes more affordable to the masses. New Monocoque Xm Metal Aluminum Frame, 210mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/ Forged, Pivots, 150 x 12mm Dropouts, 1 1/2" Straight Head Tube w/ TT and DT Gussets.

Submitted by drummercat a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2013

Strengths:    Good Price, Good Components, Reasonable weight, Easy to service. (Mine is 1.0)

Weaknesses:    Weak Rear derailier hanger, the fork bumper can dent the frame!! Bad sealing of the main pivot.

Bottom Line:
Mine is the 2012 GT Fury Alloy 1.0 (not 2.0) , pretty decent components, Truvativ Decendant cranks, Boxxer Race fork, Fox VAN RC shock, Avid Elixir brakes, the Wheels come with the bike are pretty strong. (I replaced them since I bought the bike, but one of my hard hitter friend borrowed them from me arounf 2 months and it still alive!! so I assume the wheels are good enough). Basically, no parts are neccessary to be upgraded.

The Suspension is very active and responsive, a bit pedal bob. (hey...it`s single pivot!!) I set my sag around 28% and it rarely bottom out. the bike is suprisingly plush that I couldn`t expect from a single pivot design!! It soaks up everything I throw at it.

The bike is solid and never have any breek or crack sound from anywhere. (lot of ppl bitxhing GT bikes are creeky but they dont own it, or even try.) I can tell you, seriously......it`s dead quiet!!

the bike is around 39lb stock, after a few parts replace, (Carbon seatpost, Slightly lighter wheels), it becomes 38lb. can shave more weight but it`s not really neccessary. (the frame plus shock and spring is around 5.0-5.1kg)

The bike is very easy to service, you just need to mount it on a stand , remove the crank and 1 of the shock screw, you can service the i-drive and the main pivot. I highly recommend every owner service your bike every month, the dirt will get into the main pivot easily!!

About the downside, the rear derailier hanger is quite weak, mine bent on the first ride.

second, the Frok bumper can dent the frame easily!!On the frame there is a big plain surface for the fork bumper, and it`s not thick enough......I highly recommend every owner buy an additional pair of fork bumper for the fork, the additional pair will share the force so it will less likely to make dent. (I did it too late, but after I added 1 more pair it dont get worst anymore.)

Overall, it`s a really good bike, I am way faster and stable than before. very satisfied!!

Favorite Trail:   Tai Mo Shan Hong Kong

Purchased At:   somewhere is europe

Similar Products Used:   Giant Glory 2013, KHS DH300, Transition Blindside.

Bike Setup:   I am 173cm tall and 160lb gear'd, the bike is GT Fury Alloy 1.0 Medium size, stock Fox Van RC shock with 350lb spring, stock Boxxer RC fork with soft spring, Nuke proof hubs with sun rims MTX 31 rims, stock decendant 165mm cranks, Wellgo pedal, X7 rear mech, X5 shifter (all stock), Answer minus stem, Nukeproof 20mm rise bar 760mm, FSA SL-K seatpost with WTB Valcon saddle.