Azonic Gravity Downhill Full Suspension

Extra stiff design and 10 full inches of plush rear wheel travel that's able to take abuse form any course. Features 4 bar Horst Link design with sealed bearing pivots. Fully active under pedaling and braking. Custom valved Romic Double adjustable shock or Manitou 6 Way Shock. Replaceable derailleur hanger.

Submitted by Mat a Downhiller from Sammamish WA

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2011

Strengths:    This frame will never break. I had a Giant DH Comp and i broke the rear shock mounts and there was no way i could get it warentied. The welds on this frame could hold a semi truck. The geometry is perfect and feels amazing when jumped off massive things.

Weaknesses:    I have the most dialed in part on this bike that are very light, but the frame its self it pretty heavy.

Bottom Line:
If you go big and are sick of breaking frames or just want something that you can depend on, this is the bike for you.

Favorite Trail:   Schleyer

Purchased At:   pink bike

Bike Setup:   azonic gravity frame, fox 3.0 rear shock, fox 40 fork, azonic outlaw wheelset, sram x7 derailor and shifter, raceface northshore dh cranks, raceface atlus bars, specialized butcher tires

Submitted by sam hall a Racer from england

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2007

Strengths:    i have only owned this bike for a short period but i have had many downhill bikes and this is the best, it moves nice, feels nice and is overall a great bike,it looks phat and i just find it a brilliant bike

Weaknesses:    none!! this is a dh machine

Bottom Line:
top dh/fr bike

Favorite Trail:   oaky freeride dh section

Similar Products Used:   demo 8

Bike Setup:   manitou travis triple intrinsic,hope pro2 hubs front and rear,race face diabolus bars and grips,hayes soles front and rear,sun single track rims,shimano saint cranks, crankbrother 50/50 pedalsmrp chain device

Submitted by Kevin A. a Downhiller from San Jose, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2007

Strengths:    10" of Horst-link suspension! Well-built, good welds. Flat black is nice.

Weaknesses:    A little on the heavy side but who's counting?

Bottom Line:
Great frame for the price. Ride is unbelievable. Set the link to the highest setting and it becomes a free-ride bike, pedals well. Set it to the lowest setting and it's a DH monster.

Favorite Trail:   Whistler

Purchased At:   Azonic direct @ Sea Otter

Similar Products Used:   GT DHi, Giant DH, Karpiel Disco/Army, Spec. Big Hit

Bike Setup:   2006 888 RC2X, E-13 chainguide, Holzfellers, Titec bars, WTB seat, Azonic A-Frames, SRAM, etc.

Submitted by David a Downhiller from New Mexico

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2006

Strengths:    Very stiff frame great suspension High quality through out all frame. Bottom Bracket seems high but the it requires more sag thus keeping wheels glues to ground so dont let higher BB turn you off. Bomb proof for sure

Weaknesses:    NONE!!! Just whould like more color options

Bottom Line:
This product is right up there with the big name brands. I have had alot of bikes and the quality is as good or better than most. See one in person and you'll know what I am talking about.

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   Greenfish

Similar Products Used:   Banshee Scream, Foes Fly, RM7, V10, Norco shore and La Bruja

Submitted by John Nukem a Downhiller from Delta Canada

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2006

Strengths:    Very strong, handles everything a rider can throw at it, nice geometry (except BB height), FSR suspension at a good price

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy, BB is very very high

Bottom Line:
It's a solid bike, nothing weak on it

Favorite Trail:   Every Trail on Noth Shore and Whistler

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Bikeroom

Similar Products Used:   Azonic Eliminator

Bike Setup:   888RC, Double Track rim, Hayes brake, etc

Submitted by Rider Seventytwo a Downhiller from El Segundo

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2006

Strengths:    Very Strong, has a great range of adjustments, matte black finish looks cool. The standard spacing makes the build easy.

Weaknesses:    There aren't to many, but I'm not crazy about the Swinger 6way shock and there is not much clearance for the shock spring it sometime rubs the frame. Also the frame is on the heavy side

Bottom Line:
The versatility of this frame is great put the bottom bracket in the high position and it will take the biggest hucks and drops you have the nerve to try, lower the botton bracket to the lowest position and you have a slack headangle low bottom bracket rocket for downhill racing and the middle position is just for having a blast. My only gripe is the lack of clearance for the shock, it might become a problem if you want to upgrade the shock (watch out for spring rub on the seat struts). I would buy the frame all over again when it's all said and done.

Favorite Trail:   Del Cerrio