Versus Cycles Jab DJ/MtnX

New this year is the Jab, our dirt/street hardtail frame. The Jab sports a 4130 cro-mo triple butted tubeset with a hydroformed top tube and a geometry that we optimized for over a year now with the help of our pro dirt jump rider Andrew Taylor

...who by the way had several first place pro dirt jump wins on the Jab prototype frame.

• Optimized Dirt Jump Geometry
  • 4130 Cro-Mo Tubing with Hydroformed Top Tube
  • Short Chainstays, Adjustable Down to 15.25 Inches
  • Internal Headset and ISCG-05 Compatible
  • Removable Gyrotabs
  • Powder Coated Paint (Blood Red, Pearl White, Blue)
  • 4-page Customized Decal Kit
  • Engineered in the USA

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by dirtjump99 a Downhiller from colorado

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2009

Strengths:    very strong frame, awesome geometry, lightweight

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
    awesome bike for dirtjumps, street, skatepark and anyting else you want it to do. i would recommend this bike to anyone. i have been riding it for 6 months with no problems so far

Favorite Trail:   tynans

Similar Products Used:   blk mrkt, NS

Bike Setup:   versus jab frame, marzocchi,mtx wheels, kmc chain deity bars and stem

Submitted by aeolus a Downhiller from Missouri

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2009

Strengths:    The Jab is a great looking bike. It handles great. Perfect geo. Well balanced and very forgiving frame.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
    This is my first dj/urban bike in a long time but I love the way this bike handles. It is the most resilent hardtail I have ever been on but the frame is not flexy, just forgiving. When I come off drops it does not jar my entire body like I remembered the bikes of old doing. It is capable of running a rear derailleur but I'm loving the single speed right know.
    I have ridded many of my friends DJ'ers from the Mob to the Yeti to the P2's and this bike is way more comfortable than any of them. They all envy my Jab.

Favorite Trail:   everywhere

Purchased At:   From Herb at Versus

Similar Products Used:   My first Dirt Jumper/ Urban bike since I was a kid ( I'm now 46)

Bike Setup:   White jab, Pike 454 u-turn, Hadley single speed rear hub, Profile Racing hub up front and Mavic 819's all around. Diabolus cranks, 32-16 gearing,
    White Avid Elixir Cr brakes, Azonic AZ-7 checkered handle bar with a stubby stem. A Thomson seatpost and a Transition Bike Co. white houndstooth seat.

Submitted by Dion Lee a Downhiller from Los Angeles, CA USA

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2008

Strengths:    Great geometry, short chainstays, gyro tabs, and tool-free chain tension ajustment. The frame also comes without any graphics and four sticker sheets so you can style it out how you want.

Weaknesses:    None have come up yet, so far it has been a solid dj/street frame.

Bottom Line:
    The Jab is the most dialed DJ frame that I have ever been on. It feels good the first time you get on it. If you are looking for a strong DJ/Street bike check into this frame.

Favorite Trail:   Kenter Coaster

Purchased At:   Versus Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Giant STP, Yeti DJ, Spec p1, Versus 647.

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi DJ 1, Deity cranks bars and stem, maxxis holy rollers, hayes strokers, atomlab pimp wheelset, SDG seat and post, ODI grips

Looking for a Vassago Jab owner

Anyone out there with a SS Jab, that wouldn't mind me checking out. Seeing how ALL LBS here have dropped them, I am still in the want for one. I live down in Centennial, but don't mind meeting up for a ride somewhere. If you do have one, and wouldn't mind me taking a spin on it, PM me. I will ... Read More »

Jab vs Inbred w Fork choice

I won't go into why I am going 29 and SS, still not getting rid of my 26 HT, but there is something about the simplicity and memories of being a kid again. So my choices are down to an Inbred and Jabber. Some one on here said to get the Inbred with the Vassago ODIS fork. But you can get an Inbred ... Read More »

Voodoo D'Jab SS

Hi guys. This is my new project, a Voodoo D'Jab Single Speed. ;) Frame - Voodoo D'Jab (Ti) size 17''. Fork - Rock Shox Reba. Crankset - Truvativ Stylo 32 t. Brakes - Shimano XTR M975. Seat - WTB Devo Ti. Seatpost - Thomson Elite 27,2 x 410. Headset - Chris King 1 1/8. Chain - Shimano X ... Read More »

Versus Jab DJ

Anyone own one of these frames? I'm looking for a street/pump bike. These frames are going cheap on ebay right now.Read More »

My New Versus Jab (pics!)

My new bike. Versus Jab. I pretty much built this bike from the ground up over the last few weeks... [IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x217/billh62279/jab3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x217/billh62279/jab2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x217/billh622 ... Read More »