Home | Reviews | DJ/MtnX | Trek

Trek Ticket Signature DJ/MtnX

Others see a row of unjumpable hills. You see a perfect set, ready for an awesome day of punishment. Ticket sees things your way.
  • Frame: Alpha Red Aluminum w/semi-integrated E2 tapered head tube, shaped, formed & gusseted down tube, flared seat tube, hollow forged chainstay yoke, ISCG05 mounts, seatstay gusset, sliding dropouts w/stainless steel hardware & 135x10mm thru axle
  • Headset:FSA NO.57E, E2, ACB sealed bearings
  • Front Suspension: Fox 831 w/air spring, rebound, E2 tapered steerer, 15QR, 100mm travel

Submitted by mshred

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2014

Strengths:    Well built, solid, pedals well

Weaknesses:    Geometry is awful, very hard to wheelie

Bottom Line:
I had the 2012 Trek Ticket Stub - this is different than the bike pictured. The ticket stub is the single speed version. If you compare a picture, you'll see a larger space between the back wheel and the seat tube - because the chain stay is way too long on the ticket stub.

The bike and components were great. I'm 6'0" and I got a large.
I ordered this bike without testing one first. The geometry was similar to my friend's Norco (which I loved), with one big exception - the chainstay length. I figured one inch wouldn't be a big difference for a guy my size. Big mistake. It was very hard to wheelie without pedaling, which makes J-hops nearly impossible, at least at my skill level. I eventually ditched the frame and got a used 2009 Specialized P2. Much better.

Duration Product Used:   1 year