Univega 2001 Rover T2.7 Rigid Bike

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Joe a Weekend Warrior from Golden, Co

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2007

Strengths:    A good dependable bike for the price. It was in excelent condition. I didn't have to to a thing to it except inflate tires. came with speedometer and tire pump.

Weaknesses:    cheap shifters, could be better. but not fair to compare a $25 bike with a $1000 gary fisher.

Bottom Line:
Good bike for little money. But it's not fair to compare a $25 bike with a $1000 gary fisher.

Favorite Trail:   colorado mountain trail

Purchased At:   Estate sale

Similar Products Used:   I own 3 mountain bikes. a specilized rock hopper, and a gary fisher. not as good at either of those but adequate.

Submitted by Kevin Mcleod a Weekend Warrior from Kent Wa USA

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2002

Strengths:    value & performance even at the m.s.r.p. I own SEveral Road racers... FUJI SCHWINN TAKARA to name a few and this bike fares well on the road and gets you through the ruff as well. 21 gears precise shure shifting.

Weaknesses:    plastic pedals

Bottom Line:
I bought 2 bikes at the local thrift store for $7.50 This was one of them. My first mountain bike and I'm impressed. It will do just about every thing I need With little effort I cant keep my 12 YEAR OLD OFF OF IT hE IS A STUNT bMX MANIAC.. hE CALLS IT "the bike" But I'm Still Hunting for that sting ray.

Purchased At:   St Vincent De Paul