Giant 2000 Sedona CS Rigid Bike

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

mountain bike, non-suspension, Mountain Mix components, Giant fork

Submitted by Randy R a Weekend Warrior from Anoka, MN USA

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2010

Strengths:    Comfort, Style, User friendly. Does not date itself, still looks like a new bike sitting on showrrom floor.

Weaknesses:    Seat fell apart after 7 years of use. Replaced with a better seat.

Bottom Line:
I keep it in mint condition because it is by far the best bike for all occasions. Will never sell it.

Bike Setup:   Piece of cake.

Submitted by Linny M a Weekend Warrior from Pittsfield, MA ; US

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2006

Strengths:    It's really light, which is great for heaving it in and out of the cellar. I like the handle grip gear shifters, fairly resposnisve. I'm surprisingly impressed with the slicks.

Weaknesses:    I'm really short and had to remove the seat suspension shaft with a different non suspension for a better fit. I kind of have to play with the dereileur with the pedal sprocket, since it doesn't always want to shift to the lowest gear there. Otherwise, I've been beating the snot out of this bicycle.

Bottom Line:
It's a pretty good bike. With gasoline prices getting as they are, I occasionally ride this thing to work. good commuting bike. I'm kind of a "turtle peddler" at best and at my age, it's a friggin miracle I'm pedaling a bicycle at all.

I highly recommend it to all of my "turtle" brothers and sisters!

Favorite Trail:   Ashuwillticook

Purchased At:   Junk shop

Similar Products Used:   I've had a few other bicycles in my lifetime, but I do really like this one

Bike Setup:   What setup? I gave the man the money and pedaled it away.

Submitted by joe shome a Downhiller from danville

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2006

Weaknesses:    people ride it who dont know bikes

Bottom Line:
the guy above is a retard. A 28 speed drivetrain. Maybe you could explain how you make that. And you call yourself a biker.

Purchased At:   whewre i purchased it

Similar Products Used:   specialized demo 8, orannge 224

Bike Setup:   demo 8, el camino, saint carnk, deore shifters, xtr derails

Submitted by Ed Struski a Weekend Warrior from Bethel, CT. USA

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2000

Strengths:    Good bang for the buck. Great introductory bike for someone who hasn't biked for a while. Tires are great for taking on or off the road. Relatively light frame for hybrid type bike, yet feels rugged enough for off road. Suspension seat a nice plus.

Weaknesses:    Mega range although great for steep hills sacrifices speed on road surfaces. Could use some extra gears for hi end, (offer a 28 speed?)

Bottom Line:
Great bike, especially for the price. I believe the frames are made by Canondale. Excellent choice of components. Great bike for taking on or off road for a quite ride, and sturdy enough to take off road, as long as you reduce tire pressure first. The suspension seat is comfortable especially on bumpy roads.
Don't expect to win road races with this, but this is an all around great bike for the weekend cruiser. It'll withstand off roading, but lacks suspension in the wheels.

Favorite Trail:   Still exploring