Gary Fisher 2001 Napa Rigid Bike

New light weight Fisher designed aluminum comfort frame | Efficient and easy to understand Shimano Comfort Series 202 drivetrain w/ dashboard optical display | Dual Density Comfort platform pedals

Submitted by Darren a Weekend Warrior from Sherwood

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2001

Strengths:    Great for family man with a little fun streak left.

Weaknesses:    Is exactly what it appears.

Bottom Line:
I'm over 40 and over a decade since my last bike. I was very impressed with this model because the minute I swung a leg over it, I was hooked on cycling again. During family rides it has a child seat in the back. During those moments I can slip away the seat comes off and I'm trying to better my time around the block or looking for a little hill or trail to tackle. I suspect I'll add a few gadgets.

In short, a comfort bike that doesn't totally wimp out. Recommended for the aging crowd. My wife likes hers too.

Purchased At:   The Bike Gallery - Lake Oswego

Bike Setup:   Factory, with some essentials.

Submitted by C. Thomas Wilson a Weekend Warrior from Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2001

Strengths:    Great frame, feels light for a comfort bike. the SR Suntour suspension fork is a perfect choice for the Napa. Gears are smooth and reliable and the brakes are robust enough for any situation.

Weaknesses:    The seat isn't as comfortable as I would have liked. The headset was too short and I had to get a 2" extension ($25) to get it to a comfortable height. The stock pedals aren't grippy enough and the handle grip outer diameter needs to be larger.

Bottom Line:
A first time buyer would have no regrets with the Napa. A seasoned rider will be pleased with the overall quality and the value.......this rides like a much more expensive bike.

Favorite Trail:   Highline Trail