Bianchi 2001 B.U.S.S. Rigid Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Jay Parker a Cross Country Rider from Dallas Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2006

Strengths:    Simple, light, quiet, fast, fully rigid.

Weaknesses:    None... Really...I am not just saying that cause I like my bike.

Bottom Line:
Any of the Bianchi SS are sweet. If you are riding a SS. conversion and think thats happening... try a bike design R&D department... Huge difference... Buy the bike ride, the bike... don't work on the bike... don't change anything on the bike... just go ride!

Favorite Trail:   any trail..lets ride

Purchased At:   swap meet

Similar Products Used:   Hard tail conversions

Bike Setup:   Stock ... Stans no tubes and 2.5 WTB.

Submitted by Conrad a Racer from Lincoln, NE, USA

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Strengths:    good solid frame, good parts (excellent wheels) great handling. the UPS brown paint is the best part.

Weaknesses:    the stock parts cut a few minor corners (saddle, stem, headset). i put on a better WTB saddle (with gold glitter vinyl to match) and a synchros stem. i replaced the stock aheadset with a gold chris king.

Bottom Line:
This is my 2nd aluminum mtn bike. I'm a steel-is-real guy and a die hard roadie, but the single speed bug bit me and I had to try one. Before this I had a 1998 BOSS (the orange one) but sold it because the 19.5" didn't fit (they didn't make a 21" inch size until 1999). I passed on the freaky green 1999 BASS, and as soon as I got word the new 2000 model was gonna be brown I ordered one immediately. I love this bike. I named him 'Rocinante' (after Don Quijote's brown horse). This BUSS is the baddest a** bike in Nebraska! Little kids lean outside their mom's cars as they pass yelling "cool bike"! indierock girls coo at the brown paint. the gold parts scream 'Pimp Daddy'! Ok, I digress. You wanna know how it rides? It's a single speed and it's aluminum. Simple, stiff, and great handling. Great wheels (pauls hubs, wtb rims, nanorapter tires). I've ridden the wheels thru hell and they are still true. It's b*tchin'! No complaints. rock on

Favorite Trail:   local alleys and parking garages!

Purchased At:   Honker Hanger - (now out of biz)

Similar Products Used:   1998 Bianchi B.O.S.S.

Bike Setup:   stock except for saddle/stem/headset upgrades mentioned above.