Bianchi 2000 Ocelot Rigid Bike

mountain bike, non-suspension, Mountain Mix components, Bianchi fork

Submitted by Jeremy Korzeniewski a Cross Country Rider from Toledo, OH 43609

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2001

Strengths:    well built frame, good components for price, ride quality

Weaknesses:    no suspension fork, not really a weakness for the price... but I can wish, right?

Bottom Line:
I really did my homework before I bought this bike. I rode everything I could afford: The Fisher was too cheap at this price point, the GT was not even close - like riding a mule, Jamis decent, the Scwinn was very nice - too stiff, the Kona was a great bike... I strongly considered it. But after numerous back-to-back test rides in various terrain, I was the most impressed with the Bianchi. I did a little research, people are generally favorable when it comes to Bianchi, was impressed as to how long they have made bikes, including mtb's and I bought it. I have been nothing but happy with the decision I made. It has no suspension like some others at this price, but it makes up for it in the ride. I rode everything before I bought, and I bought this one, I suggest finding one and seeing for yourself. No bike is right for everyone, but for me this was the perfect bike for under $500.

Favorite Trail:   Sidecut

Purchased At:   Wersell's

Similar Products Used:   Trek 8700 (carbon mtb), Fisher Aquila, Mamba, Schwinn Moab, Kona Hahanna, Jamis X Country, GT something, etc.

Bike Setup:   stock right now