VooDoo 2000 Bakka Pro Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano XTR components, Rock Shox Judy Race, 2.5"-4.0" adjustable travel fork

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Ashland, Oregon, USA

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2002

Strengths:    The Frame is awsome i trust it more than i do my life steel is real.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike i have ever riden i have a nice shock rockshox judy XL it has 5 inches of travel the make a great couple

Favorite Trail:   Toothpick

Purchased At:   A kid's house

Similar Products Used:   P.3, Bruiser, rocky mountain

Bike Setup:   all xt, hayes hydrolic disk bracks

Submitted by Knight Rider a Cross Country Rider from Durango, CO

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2001

Strengths:    Steel is real. The ONLY "freeride" hardtail made of this awesome metal. Sloping down tube, huge head tube gussets will accept dual crown forks even.

Weaknesses:    NONE. unless your a serious crosscountry racer the extra beef should not bother you.

Bottom Line:
if you want a big 'ol beefy dual suspension bike to screw around on but can't afford it, get this. of if you just love hardtails.

Favorite Trail:   dry fork

Similar Products Used:   plenty of other light weight hardtails.

Bike Setup:   psylo, LX, XT, XTR. mostly a mix and match of stuff.

Submitted by Nick a Cross Country Rider from Bethlehem, PA USA

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2000

Strengths:    Frame is well built, great paintjob as far as looks and chip resistance. Great geometry for climbing and tight in the woods stuff. I have taken the bike into some trails designed for full susp freeride types and it came out in one piece.

I have to say that I ride better when I have confidence in a frame's ability to take the big bumps and this one really can. Great alternative to those big full suspension jobs, ( I like them and all, but prefer hardtails)

Weaknesses:    I guess that the bike is a little heavier than some others, but the added strength is key for my style of ridding so it does not really bother me much.

Bottom Line:
I really am happy with this frame. Very solid, performes well in all of the conditions that I have encountered, instills confidence. This frame is not as expensive as my Mojo, (which I broke) but is just as quality, with the additional feature of being quite robust.

Just a bit about the company, when I broke my Mojo, Ibis said, hey too bad...(see review for Mojo). I told my dealer about this and he talked with the Voodoo people and they hooked me up. Now, I believe in customer service, and Voodoo has me hooked. Unless, I can not find what I want in the future from them...I will keep buying their products.

Favorite Trail:   S. Mtn at Lehigh