Serotta Colorado Soft Tail Hardtail Bike

• Disc brake ready

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Skin from Barbours PA

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2004

Strengths:    Workmanship is tops! I replaced my Merlin with this bike its sick- all you moots fools listen up you are paying for straight gauge tubing! You are really buying a fancy decal! The CST is tripple butted and all the tubes taper ever the chain and seat stays not even moots, seven or lightspeed has figured that one out- makes it one of the nicest best handling bikes I have ever ridden!

Weaknesses:    The price is outragouse for a new one 3995.00! I picked one up on mtbr w/ckheadset and ec-90 seatpost for a g delivered

Bottom Line:
    Unlike any full suspension, that I think many people forget and rather go for a 4" travel big hit bike (don't go to the hype of these tanks), you can CARVE this bike. It handles better than my Merlin XL road bike! It is a work of art, the pinacle of frame building, Unlike almost all tof the frames out their it is truely hand crafted it has soul! If you can find one grab it- Serotta just stopped making these- they mostly make road and the demand was just too low (I am going to get a Serotta road frame next, I used to be die-hard Merlin!)

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   MTBR!

Similar Products Used:   Merlin, Fat City, s-works

Bike Setup:   Rohloff speedhub, hayes discs,white bros fork, cook cranks, ck head set, carbon flat bars and seatpost-easton, bonti-ti stem

Submitted by Bob a Weekend Warrior from Littleton, CO

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Strengths:    Comfy ride and light weight. Air shock in back is fully adjustable and requires little/no maintenance.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
    This bike is the most comfortable and compitent bike I have ever owned. I got a great price on the frame using Ebay. I built it up and immediately took it to Moab. This bike handled great, and at the end of the day I felt less fatigued then I would have been on my old GT Zaskar. Before this bike I owned a Litespeed Unicoi. It didn't have as much travel and I had to frequently clean out the spring in back to eliminate a creaking sound. A good bike, otherwise. I dinged it a bit on the value because $1250 for a frame is a lot of money.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed Unicoi

Bike Setup:   XTR, Hayes, Spinergy Xyclones, SID Carbon, etc.

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Philly

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2001

Strengths:    Amazing workmanship. Light, responsive, great ride.

Weaknesses:    Cost, but the end result is amazing

Bottom Line:
    Wonderful ride,,,, Sold my Trek 9.9 to buy the serotta frame. I do wish at the time of my purchase that canti mounts were available,,I do like the hayes brakes, however i would have prefered XTR V brakes. Now the frame is available with either type of brake mount.

Favorite Trail:   Wiss