Peugeot 2000 Hurricane Creek Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Jett, 2.5" travel fork

Submitted by Dennis Dales a Cross Country Rider from Cornwall, Ontario

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2001

Strengths:    Excellent frame, decent component spec.

Weaknesses:    Seat is terrible. Why is it that bike companies sacrifice the seat to meet the bloody price point? Would it kill them to spent an extra 5 bucks? Jett fork has too much stiction, put a Manitou on instead.

Bottom Line:
I picked this bike up for my sister, who has wanted a decent MTB for a while now. It was her size so what the hell, it's only 175 U.S. right? I tried it out and excepting the fork, I'd have to say that this bike is right up there with the best AL frames in the business. Light, but not so stiff you feel as if you're riding a corpse. Responsive. Decent but not spectacular component spec. Recommended.

Favorite Trail:   Brockville back country

Purchased At:   Pawn shop again!

Similar Products Used:   Too many hardtails to count. I'm riding a GT Backwoods and a Specialized Hardrock FS right now.

Bike Setup:   Stock, as far as I can tell

Submitted by Sucre Gomez a Weekend Warrior from Mesa, AZ, 85201

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2000

Strengths:    This is a very light bike, it shifts smoothly and rides fast.

Weaknesses:    Not too much to say here for it's price range. The seat has got to go.....I've tried other low-end bikes with better seats, foot peddles are too small (for me at least).

Bottom Line:
To me this is great bike for it's price, it very well made and handles like dream. I would recommend this bike to anyone willing to fork out the $480 that I paid for mine. It's a great investment in the long run. Peugeot makes some of the best bikes around, and this one adds to that list.I'm proud to own one of their products. Kudos to you guys in Canada for this bike.

Favorite Trail:   Camelback Mt.

Similar Products Used:   Not sure what class of bike this fall under, but for price I've tried a Mongoose XR500. That bike doesn't hold a candle next to this.

Bike Setup:   24 speed shimano system, Rock Shox Jett front suspension, ugly color (black/orange), good tires, light aluminum frame, light rims.