Norco 2001 Kokanee Hardtail Bike

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by justin olsen a Weekend Warrior from toowoomba

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2003

Strengths:    strong frame, great for price 10/10

Weaknesses:    components

Bottom Line:
great for value, havn't riden a better bike

Purchased At:   olsen cycles

Similar Products Used:   mongoose rockadile

Bike Setup:   front disc, 21speed

Submitted by Jordan from Markham, Ontario

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2002

Strengths:    components are good for the price you pay. Front shocks are pretty good. I am a heavy guy and I cannot bottom them out no matter how hard I try.

Weaknesses:    the back rims bent on me the first ride. Wasn't doing anything serious, just simple trails and by the end it is noticably bent. After the second ride, it wabbles like an inch, I had to practically take off my rear brakes in order to finish my ride.

Bottom Line:
This bike is great for the price you pay. I actualy like the front shocks on the front better than the Judy TT shocks. Components are decent, you don't need anything much more advanced if you are a beginner rider. The only problem is that you better have enough money to dishout about 100$ extra to buy a new rear rim that doesn't totally suck.

Submitted by R from Peterborough

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2001

Strengths:    Strong frame, Front disk brakes (mechanical), and decent value.

Weaknesses:    Rims are fairly slight, and front suspension is a serious joke.

Bottom Line:
This bike was excellent until I did one endover that turned the thin-asses alex rim in the front into a taco and twisted the living crap out of the front forks ("Zokes", Marzocchi cheap line forks). I replaced the busted rim with a Sun Rhino Lite and plan to do the same with the rear rim this spring. I am still riding the twisted forks which makes the disk ring all the time (it is driving me nuts!). I think I'll step into an RS Psylo XC sometime soon as well. Other than mentioned, this bike is a great value and a good first bike.

Purchased At:   Local Shop

Submitted by Sean Atkinson a Weekend Warrior from Perth, Western Australia

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Strengths:    Price, Weight, Quality

Weaknesses:    Components

Bottom Line:
Great bike for it's price! It was an upgrade from my HMK Dual Suspension and so for I'm happy with it. It's been off road a few time but not serious downhill or anything yet and it's held up pretty well. The only thing I'm unhappy about is the power from my front disc it's a little sluggish on the slowing of everything. The tires are great whatever they are. The Alex Rims are strong, actually very strong, 9 foot drop offs onto flat concrete and they are still true. I would like to upgrade tthe front rim to something fatter but I have yet to find a suitable rim. So until next year when I decided on upgrading it'll be my weekend warrior because that's exactly what it is, it kicks every other bike in it's price range.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere and Anything