Muddy Fox 2000 Alu Comp Hardtail Bike

• TYRES: Ritchey Alpha Bite 26x2.10SC

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Topster a Weekend Warrior from Loughborough

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2000

Strengths:    Good value - cost £699 uk, Hayes mech disc brake, good solid frame for upgradeability.

Weaknesses:    Heavy crankset (bigfoot) -970g, cheap steel headset, Zokes fork with heavy rebound.

Bottom Line:
    This is basically the ALU COMP frame with better components and released in a short production run. I bought mine and also a cheaper Muddy Fox for the wife at the same time.
    I have upgraded all of the bigfoot components and fitted them to the wife's bike and also took the terrible Zokes fork off and replaced it with a RockShox SID 100. The bike has now got mostly raceface components and I have spent about £900 on upgrades. So I guess I have got a totally different bike to as it came out of the factory! It now looks and rides like a bike that costs £1600+
    The bike is definatley worth the upgrade costs, and every one in the local bike shop just stood and admired my creation! - definatley a good buy.

Favorite Trail:   Round the back garden