Merlin 1999 MTB Hardtail Bike

Merlin MTB

Submitted by jack bb a Downhiller from waterloo,ontario,canada

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2001

Strengths:    nottin it sucks my balls

Weaknesses:    everything

Bottom Line:
it sux and dont buy marins

Favorite Trail:   big bang

Purchased At:   cycle path

Similar Products Used:   notting as bad as this peace of crap

Bike Setup:   XTR boXXER front ROCK SHOX BACK

Submitted by ED TESTA a Cross Country Rider from MISSION VIEJO, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2001

Strengths:    What a beautiful ride. Very smooth for a hard tail. Strong titainium frame, light and quick with the right set up. This is what I always dreamed of owning as a mountain biker.

Weaknesses:    A quality set up has no weakness.

Bottom Line:
This bike is my dream come true. Every thing you could ever ask for wraped up in one package. just glad I got it second hand and did not have to pay full price for it. I have ridden it a few times and can tell you I fell in love even coming from ridding a pretty light f/s biek for the last few years. Every day I cant wait till I can ride it again. So if you are looking to get the best ride you can and dont care about the price I definetly recomend this to spend every penny on.

dogmny

Favorite Trail:   CRYSTAL COVE

Purchased At:   FRIEND

Similar Products Used:   I have never been on anything that was near as nice a ride.

Bike Setup:   Ti merlin frame, full XTR package, front disk brake and rear V brake, Mavic ceramic wheels with DT Hugi hubs, Ti bars and Ringle neck with Scott bar ends, Rockshox judy sl 100mm fork, Chris King bearings, Race Face front rings and just to top off the perfect bike Cooks Bros. cranks and bottom bracket. This was built to perfection and I dont think anything else could compare in my book.

Educate Me on Changes to the Atlanta MTB Trail Scene since 1999

So I had a 10 year stay in the midwest that is coming to a close later this summer. Needless to say I am very excited to be able to do some REAL mtn biking again. I used to do a lot of NORBA racing and riding and around Atlanta. What trails are new, different, worse, better than it was in 1999?Read More »