Klein 2000 Attitude Hardtail Bike

4.67/5 (9 Reviews)
Weight : 26.50000

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Judy XC, 2.5"-4.0" adjustable travel fork

Submitted by Brutus a Cross Country Rider from Assen

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Strengths:    Offcourse the frame, Bontrager wheels and tyres

Weaknesses:    Almost everything, cheap brakes, a very bad crank(icon onyx), chain, braket, cassette...I hope that was it!

Bottom Line:
Nice frame, but the parts are complete rubish! The salesman (wanker!)promised me a great bike without problems, well...after lots off repairs( a year later ) i hope he's right,or else i throw my bike through his window! Maybe my rating will be higher in the future.

Favorite Trail:   Havelte

Purchased At:   Bike Tuning Holland, Den Bosch

Bike Setup:   XT crank,XT braket, SRAM parts (works perfect together)and my best setup: magura HS33's

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Andover, MA USA

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2002

Strengths:    Strong, light, looks cool, controlls like a dream, comes with good stock parts

Weaknesses:    haha yea rite

Bottom Line:
this bike is awesome, it may be one of the "lower" Kleins but it still hauls... ive had zero problems. the only thing is the price, i got mine half off cuz my brother is on the store race team but get it if you got the dough

Favorite Trail:   behind the HS

Purchased At:   Cycle Stop

Bike Setup:   2000 Klein Attitude, Manitou Spyder shox, bontrager everything else (sept the shimano breaks and deraileurs)

Submitted by David Taylor a Weekend Warrior from Tyne and Wear

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2001

Strengths:    undoubtedly the frame. I was involved in a road traffic accident and various parts of the bike were trashed....but the frame is STILL immaculate!

Weaknesses:    poor componenetry,especially the drive-train. the majority of bikes in this price bracket are better specced.

Bottom Line:
A beautiful frame that,although light,will stand the odd knock or two ;D I've done 4000 miles of mainly off road riding on mine and it still rides/feels like new. Coupled with a forgiving seat-post this bike can be ridden every day...then raced at weekends !

Purchased At:   Hardisty cycles of Byker

Submitted by Ravin a Cross Country Rider from The Netherlands

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2001

Strengths:    Agile, 'fast', rigid and B-eautiful to look at. Geometry... my back likes this bike best, compaired to all others I've ridden.

Weaknesses:    I'll tell you when I find one... no seriously, the brakes are better than on any bike I've ridden before, but I'd like hydraulics to add some 'feeling', so Magura's are on my wishlist. And also, the front derailleur has to go, anything less than XT isn't worth your patience.

Bottom Line:
This is the bike that I always dreamed of, a Klein... now that I have it, I simply don't see anything else that could make me jealous. I'll probably buy a full suspension one day, but this bike I'll keep forever. Klein know about frame-making, no doubt. Happy to have it.

Purchased At:   Bike Fun Heerlen, The Netherlands

Similar Products Used:   Trek 7000, Cannondale F500

Bike Setup:   LX/LX, for now

Submitted by perv a Weekend Warrior from London

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2000

Strengths:    Beeeaaauuuuutiful frame. Light, strong, responsive. Wheel set.

Weaknesses:    Rigid...Ouch my butt! Brake levers are abysmal. The local theives are lining up at my door.

Bottom Line:
Ooh what a piece of art! I can't help just staring at this bike 'cos it's just sooooo gorgeous!
I bought a Rockhopper 20 days ago...and it got nicked...gutted...but the Klein was the one I really wanted, so I decided it was a message from the gods and got ma self some Attitude, especially as it's now 800 pounds sterling!
It is fab. Very rigid, accelerates like a rocket (as fast as the Kaitai...which is saying something), is fabulously built, and comes with a good component setup...apart from the brake levers which are like something you'd find on a kids bike! They shall soon be changed to something a little more befitting the bike!
I bought this bike as a triathlon training machine that I could also commute on and thrash over the hilly bits at the weekend...and for that it is perfect.
This is one of these purchases that you don't have to think about. If you have 800 quid to spend on a bike...get a Klein..they're the Ferrari of the bike world!(oh...and make sure it's VERY well insured!)
What else could I give it but 5 flamin' jalapenos?!!

Purchased At:   Evans

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rockhopper, Gary Fisher Kaitai, Trek 8000, GT, Saracen Rufftrax (hey I was young and broke!)

Bike Setup:   Stock, with Enduro 2 computer and Nimbus slicks for commuting.

Submitted by Kris Rawson a Weekend Warrior from Leeds, England

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2000

Strengths:    This bike must be the best bike I have ever ridden. The frame lives up to every bit of its legendary reputation. Super plush Judy's have handled everything I've thrown at them. Superb Bonty wheel setup.

Weaknesses:    The fear you get when you ride and think that this beautiful frames gonna get chipped

Bottom Line:
This bike is definately £1000 well spent. After looking at loads of bikes over a three month period from different manufacturers I chose the Klein and Im glad I did. The ride you get from the Attitude is superb with a great frame and a well balanced set of components. With having a perfect frame it allows you the opportunity to upgrade if neccessary. If your looking for a bike thats fun to ride, looks good and performs very well under pressure, then the Klein Attitude is for you.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere thats good

Similar Products Used:   Trek 6500

Bike Setup:   Factory

Submitted by Sam MacLaren a Weekend Warrior from London, UK

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2000

Strengths:    Legendary/beautiful Klein craftsmanship, (although the frame I have is the 4th I got due to mfrs problems), stiffness, power response, sensible componentry, wheels.

Weaknesses:    total nickability!

Bottom Line:
Top Sausage!

Favorite Trail:   road to work (so far!)