Jamis 2001 Cross Country SX Hardtail Bike

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)
Weight : 30.25 lbs.

Submitted by Jon a Weekend Warrior from Archbald, Pa. USA

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Strengths:    Strong frame,decent components, priced right,

Weaknesses:    Stock tires are not the best unless you intend to ride on the roads.

Bottom Line:
Very goor bike overall I am more than happy with the suggestion the salesman made when he recommended this bike to me. I am fairly new to this sport and didnt know much about biking and was very turned off to it when i bought a Mongoose Zero G1 and I had nothing but problems with it. But now i love it and am probably hooked for life. I would recommend this bike to anyone just getting into the sport or the veteran that just needs a new bike.

Favorite Trail:   There are a lot of trails I ride

Purchased At:   Cedar Bike

Similar Products Used:   GT 5000, Mongoose Zero G1, Haro Vector V1, Fuji (Cant remember the model name) and a few pieces of junk you would find in K-Mart or Wal-Mart

Bike Setup:   Mostly stock I added Wellgo pedals, and a set of WTB VeloRaptor tires. I plan on getting bar ends and possibly upgrading my front fork.

Submitted by Aaron a Weekend Warrior from Rochester, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2001

Strengths:    Cheap, reliable, and easy to maintain

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
After trashing a mongoose this summer, a local bike repairman/salesman suggested this bike as a cheap, reliable replacement. He was correct. I have gone through a couple of rear derailleurs and back tires due to hard riding but that is to be expected. Based on my experience with one of Jamis's lower end products, my next bike will surely be from their company, possibly a durango. The best thing about them is that they're made in the USA. A strong, reliable product not thrown together with cheap labor in another country and sold for an enormous profit. Right on Jamis!

Favorite Trail:   Durand Eastman