Haro 2000 Werks XCR Hardtail Bike

• Rim - Mavic X317 for Disc 32h

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by RabidSqrl a Racer from Colorado

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2006

Strengths:    Light, looks nice, and is strong. Haven't broken this frame yet

Weaknesses:    None that I have found.

Bottom Line:
    I bought the frame only back in 2000 to use as my primary race bike. I built it up to be as light as I could without going overboard with cost. I'm a tall person and the geometry of the frame works great for me. It's also a very light bike. Although the frame looks fragile in some places (near the dropouts in particular), it has handled many rough trails and rock gardens without damage. I like the bike so much that I recently started to upgrade it instead of buying a new frame. Upgrades so far have been replacing the brakes from Avid SD mags to BB7s. And I'll also be replacing the XMO fork (light fork but not plush) with some flavor of fox fork.. Talus, 80RLT, 100RLT, etc. Depends what I find a good deal on. Anyway I love this bike and it has been nothing but a great ride!

Similar Products Used:   Haro Escape 7.3 and various other hardtails.

Bike Setup:   Avid BB7, Race Face and SRAM drivetrain, Nuke Proof Superfly, Sun 0 Degree, soon to have Fox fork.

Submitted by Edgar B a Cross Country Rider from Houston, Texas

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2001

Strengths:    Short seat tube with a long top tube, tons of top tube clearence, allowing you to switch to a smaller frame size then usual that has a great ride.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
    The perfect bike for a tall person who wants to get into trial riding, the geometry works great. I did build a lot different then the way it comes stock.

Favorite Trail:   Rocky Hill

Similar Products Used:   I also have a Team Issue Mt Fuji that I build specific for cross country, and my Haro is more of a urban assault trial riding.

Bike Setup:   I set it up for trial riding, with Magura Hydrolic rim brakes, bash guard, platform pedals, etc.

Submitted by Brian from Suffern

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2000

Strengths:    XT Full XT with XT Discs Sid 100

Weaknesses:    A little stiff

Bottom Line:
    This is a great balance between XC racer and freeride hardtail. Its made of Easton pipes and is fairly light for the ease with which it handles the terrain

Price Paid:    $2000.00