Curtlo 1999 Advanced Mountaineer Hardtail Bike

Our classic hardtail. This frame has been refined numerous times to get it to it's current state-of-the-art steel hardtail design. Very light weight design, with all the wonderful attributes that make steel hardtails still so desireable. Choose from straight or "banana" seat stays. A great all-around racing/trail bike that is a great value. True Temper Ox Gold/Platinum throughout.

• Breezer dropouts
• 1-1/8" steerer
• Finish = Single color powdercoat

Submitted by David Kishi a Racer from Vancouver Canada

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2002

Strengths:    Beautiful fillet brazing, resilient, flies up the hill and rips down the other side

Weaknesses:    ??? None that I have found

Bottom Line:
I had Doug build a bike for my fiance a couple years ago. I finally was able to afford one for myself last winter. I sent him the geometry I wanted and he built up a fantastic frame for me. Everything works perfectly. Cable routing is simple and direct. The handling is out of this world. I love how it offers a little bit of cush yet is stiff when I stomp up hills.

Nothing could be better.

Dave

Favorite Trail:   Tower of Power

Purchased At:   Direct from Curtlo

Similar Products Used:   Norco Rampage, Answer/Manitou HT

Bike Setup:   Black Elite air fork, XTR, Chris King, the usual high end stuff.

Submitted by Tim a Cross Country Rider from Huntington Beach Ca.

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2001

Strengths:    Comfy ride, perfect geometry for me me me. Seven years now and it still handles like I was seven years younger.

Weaknesses:    ?????????????????????????none in seven years

Bottom Line:
I have never seen a bike with more artistry, the ovalized seat tube down to the cable stop skews are flawless. One hell of a ride. Steel is the only way to go. Doug is by far one of the most talented frame builders in the west.

Purchased At:   Wheel Precision/ Bob where r u

Similar Products Used:   Nothing that compares

Bike Setup:   Action tec front fork, Action tec bar& stem combo,XT brakes,Mavics, Cooks cranks,

Submitted by Geoff a Cross-Country Rider from Wilmington, NC

Date Reviewed: November 25, 1999

Strengths:
Steel, steel, steel
Custom sizing, colors
DOUG CURTISS
Welding artistry

Weaknesses:
It's custom...any weaknesses are mine

Bottom Line:
Could never find just the right fit. Then I heard about Curtlo - totally custom steel frames, handmade, and for a reasonable cost? Couldn't dial the numbers fast enough. Call 'em. You'll probably get the man himself, I did. Doug took down some measurements, talked riding, and went to work. Been the best riding year ever. Gloves don't fit this good, it handles like a BMW, and oh, those welds! Artistry, man. I'm on this bike every day on the trail and every night in my dreams.

1 Year

No customs, but Marin and Ritchey

Manitou Ti, XT shift/brake, XTR/Mavic/Revolution Wheels, Real Cassette (They SHIFT!), White Cranks, King Headset(What else?)

Submitted by ERIC HULME a Cross-Country Rider from SEATTLE WA

Date Reviewed: August 31, 1999

Strengths:
SHOCK ABSORBING, QUICK STEERING,CLIMBS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL, LOVES TO BE RIDEN HARD AND FAST

Weaknesses:
NONE

Bottom Line:
THIS BIKE IS ONE EYE CATCHING,LOW MAINTENANCE MTB MACHINE. IT PREFORMS TOP NOTCH RIDE AFTER RIDE, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE CONDITIONS. ALL PARTS ARE TRAIL STURDY NOT RACE LITE. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, CUSTOM FRAMING IS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE A BIKE, THAT IS TRULY YOUR OWN.

RANGR CREEK

1 Year

MANY DIFFERENT FRAMES BUT NEVER ANYTHING CUSTOM BUILT

CURTLO CUSTOM FRAME.. ZOKEZ2BAM, RACEFACE CRANKS, SHIMANO DER.,HUGI HUBS, MAVIC, TITEC CONTROL TECH, AVID V'S SACHS TWISTERS,