Brodie 2000 Omega Hardtail Bike

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Rock Shox JETT 65mm, shimano components, tektro brakes

Submitted by Robb Fenwick a Downhiller from Halifax

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Strengths:    Quick bike, sturdy frame goes anywhere. I don't know what some people have to do with their bikes to break the back rim but I've had this thing through crushed gravel, large rocks, roots, stumps no problem and I am rough on bikes.

Weaknesses:    Seat is narrow could be wider. It is more like a racing seat.

Bottom Line:
Excellent buy, I'm happy and anyway if you buy it from a dealer or pro bike shop as I did parts are covered and labour if there is faulty equipment.

Submitted by Tim D a Weekend Warrior from Surrey, BC, Ca

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2002

Strengths:    Solid frame and rims. I'm a big guy and haven't had any trouble yet. Good brakes and nice positive shifting. Can take a little dirt without clogging up.

Weaknesses:    A little heavy and I really need to get rid of those toe-clips.

Bottom Line:
Good value for money if you're not going crashing DH every weekend. I ride it back and forth to work (< 10 miles) EVERY day year round and it hasn't failed me yet. A great bike for the guys who are a bit older than the North Shore regulars.

Favorite Trail:   Delta Watershed (I'm not as young as I was!)

Purchased At:   John Henry Bikes, N. Vanc.

Similar Products Used:   My 1st. front shock MTB

Bike Setup:   Factory, with a little tweaking at John Henry when purchased. A bit bigger Serfas deep groove seat. Very comfy.

Submitted by Bob from Courtenay , BC Canada

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2001

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Fall apart bike, The seat is really sore on yor a$$. Back rim bent on me right Away. Back sprockets broke on me. Should have spent more money and bought A better brodie

Bottom Line:
You get what you pay for. Should have put out a little more dough and got a better bike.

Favorite Trail:   you are sofa king retard it

Purchased At:   Bike Smith

Bike Setup:   Factory

Submitted by alain a Cross Country Rider from Trois-Rivireres

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2000

Weaknesses:    Free wheel system broke after 300km, faulty part, was change no charge (in a few minutes!) by local dealer. Otherwise 1300+km with no problem (except a few falls...)

Bottom Line:
This is my first FS MTB. I do mainly road bike for training on working days. Over the weekends I do cross country riding. This bike is very easy to handle, it respond fast when you push it. Gear shifting is smooth and precise. The breaking system is good. Original tires tend to get fill with mud (I have to try something else next year). There must be a more confortable seat on the market, this as to be upgraded (next year to...). As a first bike, at this cost, the Brodie Omega is a good deal.

Purchased At:   Laferté bicycle