unknown 2001 Razorback RSL Full Suspension Bike

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from California, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2003

Strengths:    Light weight, little bob, great colors, good XC bike.

Weaknesses:    Hard ride (not very supple on the back end), cost, some sideways flex in the rear, set up guide for rear shock not great.

Bottom Line:
I bought the bike mainly based on magazine reviews. The bike turned out a little heavier than I hoped (27.5 lbs) but since I built it up myself this is partly my fault, I guess. I do mainly trail riding and this is more a XC racing bike - I probably should have bought something with a little softer ride in the rear. In general a great bike although at over $2200 fully built, up not cheap.

Purchased At:   Blue Wind Cycles - Frame Only

Similar Products Used:   None, my last bike was a Cannondale F600 hardtail - a great light weight bike (except for the fork leaking oil).

Bike Setup:   SRAM 9.0 front and rear der, XT V brakes, leavers and hubs, rockshox SID team forks, bontraiger and various other parts.

Submitted by mick a Weekend Warrior from Indy

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2001

Strengths:    This bike is amazing. It's ultra stiff and easy to handle. Climbs like no other bike I have ridden. Sprints like a hard tail. Light (mine is about 23.5 lbs with a few after market items) Way cool paint. Great built quality (sealed bearings for main pivot)

Weaknesses:    Noleen fork is not the best... Not enough damping. I have fooled around with every option (even had help from K2) Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a slow rebound on my fork. This fork is way to fast. Has a harsh top out.

Fork seems too tall for frame? Head tube angle feels a bit slack to the stated 71 degrees. Bike still handles great, but I feel the steering should be quicker.

Bottom Line:
This bike rocks! (except the fork which I will overlook for my overall rating....)

Favorite Trail:   Buffalo Mountain, TN

Purchased At:   Fitness Dynamics

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Sugar 1, Trek Fule, Yeti ASR, GT i-drive, Ibis silk ti. (The Silk Ti was a close second... a little too much money....) Most of the Specialized line-up

Bike Setup:   K2 Razorback Team, Mavic Cross Max tubless wheel set, Race Face Turbine LB cranks and rings, Gripshift Betsy 9.0 shift kit, Ride-on cables