unknown 2001 ProFlex Beast Full Suspension Bike

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Ryan Milligan a Weekend Warrior from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2003

Strengths:    Good travel, bulletproof frame.

Weaknesses:    Forks are rigid enough but have a very mushy feel. Standard wheelset is weak.

Bottom Line:
The frame is very strong and after years of serious freeriding and amateur hucking there has been no sign of frame cracking or bending. Climbs okay. There is a lot of flex in the tail end on the big hits. The forks are crap. The components are average. The price is right.

Favorite Trail:   Redwoods

Purchased At:   Hamilton Cycles

Bike Setup:   Heavyduty rims, single front chainring, 2.35" wide dh tyres.

Submitted by billy a Downhiller from hot sulphur springs co usa

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2003

Strengths:    Smooth travel at high speeds. At the time the bike was a great deal for a free ride bike, I truely enjoyed the beast and rode it everywhere.

Weaknesses:    Front fork is 5" of foam, yank it out and put some speed springs in there, world of difference. Components suck for a free ride bike. Bike is tall but the width is short, takes some getting used to. Had to rebuild the rear shock, finding a place that could do so was tough, but luckily I did in Moab when I riding there, thanks Moab Cyclery.

Bottom Line:
Frame seems strong, suspension works great for high speed runs but not for short big drops (imo), replace components as you break em, but most importantly put some speed springs in the fork, you will thank me for that later :)

Favorite Trail:   ribbon

Submitted by Garson a Downhiller from WEST MASS!

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2001

Strengths:    Nasty frame, feels like alot more travel, easy to tune.

Weaknesses:    components, pedals like it has alot more travel

Bottom Line:
The frame is awesome, and I love it. However, it comes with parts not suitedto freeriding. Come on sun 0 lites on a freeride bike? I split the seams on them and had to buy 521s which rip, but aren't cheap. The headset developed play, even though it was tightened enough to bind it. So, I got a king, which again isn't cheap but is awesome. Most recently, I thrashed the spindle on my non drive side lx arm. I have raceface northshore isis cranks on the way, and those are nice. The compression adjuster on my fork broke. It was tuned well when I set it, so I got lucky. As far as I'm concerned, being a really agressive freerider has alot to do with my broken parts. Under most people's riding, these probably won't happen (except mabey the wheels) and the compression adjuster may have been some complete freak component failure. For most people, It would be like a 4 over all and a 4.5 for value. However these scores reflect my personal experience with the bike. Over all, I would say that if you want to get the frame only, 5 flamin' chillis for value and 4.5 overall. For an agressive freerider, use the $1300 you saved for parts, as you're likely to be replacing them soon anyway.

Favorite Trail:   Gap Mountain (early in the morning, it's illegal)