Titus 2001 Quasi Moto Al Full Suspension Bike

Submitted by QuasiRider a Weekend Warrior from PG

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2002

Strengths:    Adjustable. People like to stare at a Titus...

Weaknesses:    Does not hold up to heavy riding. Needed spacers to fit a larger spring. Rear shock is horrible. Ghost shifting on bigger hits.

Bottom Line:
The bike to OK, but after several more months of riding it just has too many weaknesses. I had a problem with the rear of the bike that was a pain to fix, and fitting a larger spring required some spacers that seemed a less than perfect solution at best (called titus on this too).

Good solid bike but the frame and 2001 seat tower cannot fit a piggyback rear shock (RC or 5th for example). The stock shock was weak (blown twice and never really worked all that well in th first place).

I have since sold the frame and bought a bullit. Wow! The Bullit does everything that I wished and hoped the Titus would do (but didn't). It is a better frame/shock and costs wayyyy less. The bullit just destroys the quasi in all aspects of riding.

Favorite Trail:   Mt. Galbraith

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Bullit

Submitted by QuasiRider a Weekend Warrior from PG, CA

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Strengths:    Adjustability--rate and travel, overall quality, the ability to call the company and speak to the owner!

Weaknesses:    Stock Fox rear shock (vanilla R)has given me problems, I have worn through a set of bushings in about 5 months, and the seatpost is not able to be dropped down all the way-just like any other bike with an interupted seat tube.

Bottom Line:
Great do-all bike. The adjustability of the rear settings is easy to do and does make a huge difference. I can set the bike up in more of a cross country mode, or I can swap out the stem, seatpost, and have a freeride bike.

The 4.5 setting is easy to climb in, and so is the 5.9 (just a little squishy). When I first got the bike, I tended to push the front end a bit in corners, but no longer do. It is not as "quick" handling as other bikes, but is a very capable woods and singletrack bike. The bike absolutley bombs down anything. I may get a daul crown fork soon to push the bike even furhter... it has taken everything I have thrown at it.

Overall, it is a great bike. Call Charles at Hammerhead, he is the best out there... a great dealer and very knowledgable about the bikes he sells. Also, calling Titus and being able to talk to the owners of the compnay is a great thing!

One letdown is the fox vanilla R in the back. I have had to send it in twice so far. The 2002 frames can take the RC, but there are better shocks out there.

Favorite Trail:   Mt. Galbraith

Purchased At:   www.hammerheadbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Tried MANY other bikes--stinky/bullit/giants/rocky mt./???

Bike Setup:   Marz. Z1 QR20, XT, Hayes, Thomson Seatpost and Stem, King Rear, Sun Rhynos, Eaton Riser Bar, WTB saddle.

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Edmonds, WA

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2001

Strengths:    Relatively light-weight long travel bike that can be set up for cross country use. Superb quality of construction. Vari-travel settings not available on most other frames of this type.

Weaknesses:    need I say pricey?

Bottom Line:
Admittedly it's been less than one month, but this bike kicks ass! It take alittle getting used to climbing with a long travel fork, but I haven't had to dismount for any sections I could clean before. The hardest thing to get used to is the 14 inch bottom height. Forget everything you knew about body english on your old bike, this take some finesse. Cross-hilling on steep off-camber sections is a whole new trip. I also have not been getting all 125mm that I paid for out of the Phsylo. It's very good travel, but not 5 inches. I need to punish it some more.

The Quasi Moto handles well in the woods. It's not a cross country race bike. It needs to be worked in the corners. The Conti's provide all the traction anyone should need, though I have found the Verticle Pro seems to work better backwards as a front tire, plus I must run the presssure much lower than I'm used too.

Point this thing downhill and say goodbye to your friends. No one on any normal bike can touch this downhill. It eats bumps for breakfast. It floats. Most stuff I don't even realize is there. If a steep uphill section comes along, throw the lock-outs on and suspension bob goes away. I recently forgot to release the lockouts at the top of the hill and took off. The blow-off valves work great.

The bottom line is this is a great bike. Anyone looking for a high quality rig somewhere between free ride and cross country could do alot worse. Mine weights in a 28 1/4. Do yourself a favor. If you can afford it get one.

Favorite Trail:   all of tthem

Purchased At:   Downhill Zone

Similar Products Used:   I have ridden a number of full suspension bikes and have been riding a Sweet Spot design for several years.

Bike Setup:   Phsylo SL fork, Fox Float RC, Spinergy Xyclone wheelset, FSA Carbon crank, LP bars and seat post, Thomsen stem, Hayes disc, XT derailiers, Conti Survival & Verticle Pro