Oryx 1999 Freak Full Suspension Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

1999 Oryx Freak, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Judy 100 fork

Submitted by Greg Scherrer a Weekend Warrior from San Antonio, TX USA

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2004

Strengths:    I love this bike! 4 bar link suspension handles like butter over the rough stuff. I used to fall behind the big boys but now I hang tough. Really though, this bike improved my skills amazingly.

Weaknesses:    Some low end components - handlebars, seatpost, only a Judy TT shock (but it gives you an excuse to upgrade!).

Bottom Line:
For $400 there is not a better bike out there. I am enjoying building this frame up to be my dream ride. I love Pricepoint.com and ediscountbikes.com.

Favorite Trail:   op schnabel

Purchased At:   ediscountbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Odessa, Mongoose, K2

Bike Setup:   Alivio drive train, upgraded to Race Face air alloy handlebars, Race Face Diabolos stem, Race Face Prodigy seatpost.

Submitted by Lloyd Hurtubise a Weekend Warrior from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2001

Strengths:    This Bike Rocks... It's definetely everything I need on two wheels and more! I'm an amature mountain cyclist, and couldn't ask for a better ride!

Weaknesses:    None that I've come accross yet!

Bottom Line:
This Bike Kick's Serious ASS! (But then again it's my first full suspension bike) :o)

Favorite Trail:   Sudbury Area

Purchased At:   Cameron Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rock Hopper (Hard Tail), Full suspension WAY BETTER!

Bike Setup:   Oryx Freak 125 (24 Speed Rapid Fire)
Oryx Aluminium 7008-t6, Suspension,4 Bars Linkage, FRAME:Removable Dropouts, International Disk Brake Mount, Proshock FORK: RST 321TL, 63 mm REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Alivio BRAKES: 4 Rox Elite, Slick Cables SIZE:19" WEIGHT: 30.3lbs COLORS: Magic Yellow, Polished