Litespeed 2000 Unicoi Full Suspension Bike

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)
Weight : 23.00000 MSRP : $4025.00

mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Shimano XTR components, Rock Shox Sid SL, 3.15" travel fork

Submitted by Bill a Cross Country Rider from Paducah, KY

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2004

Strengths:    Bulletproof, beautiful craftsmanship, great customer service. Looks great

Weaknesses:    decals (who cares)

Bottom Line:
This is the most awesome bike I have ever owned. It is light, fast and can take a beatin'. I have owned it for just about two years. I bought it from this website. The guy bought it and it was too big for him (19.5) so he held onto it for a couple of years and then sold it. I got it for a steal ($1,200.00). I got booed alot in Steamboat Springs (Moots)but I think this bike is just as good as the YBB. I have bought a number of FS bikes since I bought this one and I have gotten rid of every one of them. I really think I will keep this bike forever. Way to go Litespeed!!!

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere in Fruita Colorado

Purchased At:   Canada (frame only)

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale F2000, 1998 Unicoi, Fisher Supercaliber

Bike Setup:   Manitou Skareb Elite, Eggbeaters, XTR, Easton Carbonfiber HB and SP, Easton EA50 Stem, Crossmax Tubeless, IRC Mythos, Chris King HS.

Submitted by Dennis a Cross Country Rider from Kirkland Wa.

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2003

Strengths:    Still none after riding hard for two years!

Weaknesses:    Hardtails

Bottom Line:
Bike setup: XT all, Mavic Crossroc's, Tubeless, Avid mechanical Discs, Fox Vanilla 80mm

Favorite Trail:   China Camp, Marin CA

Purchased At:   Out of Business bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Fox Vanilla RL 80mm, Avis Mechanical Discs, XT all, Mavic Crossrocs with Stan's NoTubes sealant, WTB saddle

Bike Setup:   I have ridden this bike hard for almost two years now. I am 5'11 215lbs and I ride hard and like to jump (1/2 to 2 foot drops).
The key upgrades listed above have really turned this bike into a race car on the trail. With the tubeless tires, rear shock, and WTB Laser Ti seat the ride is comfortable even after 15 miles of punishing terrain.
This bike is going to last me for a long time. Have recently made the rear shock upgrade (via stiffer spring and booster) and now it does not pogo as much and is stiffer. Great support from Litespeed.

Submitted by Matt Mizenko a Cross Country Rider from New Providence, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2002

Strengths:    Everything. Beautiful craftsman ship, excellent component blend, etc. Plenty light and rides like a dream - almost psychic. Think of where you want to be and you're there. Ride quality is perfect blend of hard and softtail. My first big lip I took with this bike I was waiting for the big hammer in the backside - and instead it felt like landing on a pillow. Amazing. You only feel it when you need it.

Weaknesses:    The Fizik saddle kinda stinks.

Bottom Line:
A perfect machine for hardcore XC folks.

Purchased At:   Garden State Bike

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Scalpel, Klein Attitude.

Bike Setup:   Full XT, Speedplay Frogs, Mavic Rims w/IRC Mythos, RockShox SID SL, Control Tech Stem and SP, Fizik saddle

Submitted by Derek Mattice a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
Updat from earlier review. I resolved the suspension setup, and am now completely satisfied w/ the bike.

Submitted by Derek Mattice a Cross Country Rider from Brighton, MI

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2000

Strengths:    Incredible attention to detail, quality, and finish.

Weaknesses:    Rear spring (shock) options lacking-I can't find the right spring rate for my weight (140lbs).

Bottom Line:
The bike is beautiful to look at but I must admit to being a little unsure about the benefits of a softail. The rebound is uncontrolled, and on choppy downhills the bike is more of a handful than a hardtail. The faster you go the worse it gets. This movement does help on the climbs though (traction). The geomoetry and fit are spot on for me and if I was Airborne I would be embarassed to call my bike Ti after seeing a Litespeed up close.