K2 Bike K2 Razorback 3.0 Full Suspension Bike

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The ancient wild razorback was a very fast and nimble animal and thus bestowed good luck to anyone who was able catch one. Get a hold of the Razorback 3.0 and its pure, lightweight design will bring you good riding karma on the trail. The 3.0 has the same agile frame and plush Noleen Mega Air shock as the rest of the Razorback family, all at a price that allows you to go fast, without fasting.

Submitted by Ben from Allover New England

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2004

Strengths:    Climbs great, Light (Easton ultralite tubing!!!), no discernable Bob, lock out just in case. The whole razorback line shares rhe same frame, different components and colors, but h\the same frame! K2 Customer Support and Warranty program.

Weaknesses:    Older K2's had sort of odd ball sizing. No real choices in rear shocks, either the Noleen, or a special Fox float RL both only through K2.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for any price. I should mention that I bought the frame (a 2001) and built it up for my riding style, and size. I climb better than I did on my old Schwinn HT, and descend with more confidence due to the smooth but efficient suspension design. I Don't understand why the Bike industry did not latch on to this design, as the pull shock makes so much more sense. If you are in the market for a price friendly full suspension frame look for one of these. If you have the money for an Ellsworth or Titus, save at least half and check one of these out.

Favorite Trail:   Otis

Purchased At:   Ediscountbike

Similar Products Used:   Klein Palimino, Trek Fuel, Spec FSR, etc...

Bike Setup:   Easton Flat Bar, Race Face Stem, R/S Duke sl 100mm, Sun-Ringle Wheels, Hayes MX-1's, WTB Stealth pedals SST Y2K saddle and Motoraptor 2.1's, Cane Creek Headset, Truvativ Cranks and BB, Sram Der's

Submitted by Andres Rojas a Cross Country Rider from Atlanta, GA

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2004

Strengths:    Light, Responsive, Quiet, Pric,no boobing at all, K2 Customer Service is outstanding!!!

Weaknesses:    The stock Fox Float RL rear shock has some quality issues

Bottom Line:
Great Bike!!! loving long climbs I was reluctant to switch to a Full Suspension. I sold my old bike to a friend with the promise that he'll sell it back to me if I didn't like the K2. No need for that! the bike climbs better than my Hardtail, it goes fast and smooth on bumpy sections, an it turns like if is rolling on rails. I race my friends on Specialized Epic and Giant NRS and they can't keep up with my K2. The rear shock comes with lockout option but I hardly ever use it.I had some minor problems with the shock, but K2 took care of it.

Favorite Trail:   Bull Mountain

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Big Sur (Hardtail)

Bike Setup:   Everything Stock except for an upgrade to Carbon Handlebar.

Submitted by Sean from Albuquerque

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2002

Strengths:    Very Lightweight. Does well on the climbs. Big bonus!!! Rear Lockout. Does help quite a bitt!!.

Weaknesses:    Bad Front Fork. I Hate Noleen. Does not hold air pressure. I had to get the seal kitt replaced 3 times. Finally got in contact with K2 and demanded a different fork. I got the Rock Shock DUKE!!! Wonderfull shock. Love the Bike now.

Bottom Line:
Great Bike. I would recomend it to anyone looking for an entry level full-suspension bike. Has never done me wrong. Definatly worth the price.

Purchased At:   Sportz Outdoorz

Bike Setup:   LX rear, LX front, Deore Shifters.