Jaanus 1999 Cima f.s. Full Suspension Bike

Jaanus Cima f.s.

Submitted by ML a Cross Country Rider from Apache Junction, AZ

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2005

Strengths:    Cheap price for full suspension bike. Seems to have geometry that fits me well. Handles great.

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy. Shock is a bit bouncy when pedaling hard.

Bottom Line:
I really enjoy this bike. I when I bought the Monsoon ($450) I considered the Cima ($650) but, went with cheaper bike. Never thought I would like a FS bike but, I have been won over. When I saw this bike at the pawn shop I thought it would be great way to try a FS without big investment. It was a smart move. Bike is on heavy side compared to hardtails but, handling is great and makes up for weight. I would make the purchase again.

Favorite Trail:   Pemberton, McDowell Mtn Park

Purchased At:   pawn shop in Phx.

Similar Products Used:   I also have a Jaanus Monsoon, purchased from the Jaanus store in Scottsdale.

Bike Setup:   Added Marzocchi MX comp fork, LX & XT drivetrain. Will upgrade shock someday.

Submitted by PAUL OLSEN a Weekend Warrior from SCOTTSDALE,AZ.

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2001

Strengths:    OVERALL A FAIR BIKE.

Weaknesses:    LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THE RETAILER.

Bottom Line:
I'M LOOKING TO SELL IT AND PURCHASE A BIKE FROM A RETAILER I KNOW WILL BE OPEN WHEN I NEED MY BROKEN BRAKE CABLE REPLACED. TWICE I HAVE BEEN TO JAANUS BIKES AND IT'S LOCKED UP AND THE NEIGHBORS SAY THAT THEY'VE NOT BEEN AROUND FOR DAYS. NO RETURNED CALLS....NO RETURNED E-MAIL.

Favorite Trail:   MCDOWELL MOUNTAIN PARK

Purchased At:   JAANUS BIKES

Submitted by Russ Mawn a Weekend Warrior from Vestavia Hills, AL USA

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2000

Strengths:    Very smooth ride.... street and trail, suggest you change to street tires before you do much on pavement. I often have to ride the streets around my area for lack of time to go the trails. I live in a very hilly area, with some EXTREMELY steep slopes. The CIMA does great and has good balance.

Weaknesses:    I have locked up the chain on occasion, but it is easy to overcome, but requires you get off your bike.

Bottom Line:
Wonderful bike. Technology marches on, but this is a great machine. It is a VERY good value for the money. It is also a very fun bike to look at.

Favorite Trail:   Oak Mountain - Red Trail

Bike Setup:   Ordered direct via internet.... local bike store setup was $50. You must do this with "An Authorized Bicycle Dealer" for warranty support.

Submitted by Bernie Huntt a Weekend Warrior from Leonardtown, MD

Date Reviewed: December 29, 1999

Strengths:
Very well balanced bike, fairly light weight at 28lb, good quality components

Weaknesses:
Factory seat is much to hard.

Bottom Line:
Excellent quality bike for much less than other similarly equiped bikes I've ridden. I race motorcycles as a hobby therefore my riding is aggressive and after ten trails rides I am very happy with how the bike performs and is holding up. The Company is great and easy to deal with, it is run and owned by professional and olypmpic cyclists. They are a small company therefore keeping their prices very reasonable.

6 months

'98 Schwinn S-20
Mongoose D-70R

Stock

Submitted by Bernie Huntt a Weekend Warrior from Leonardtown, MD

Date Reviewed: December 29, 1999

Strengths:
Very design, Light weight @ 28lbs, Quality package for much less then other similarly equiped Bikes.

Weaknesses:
Seat is hard.

Bottom Line:
Very well balanced bike, with good quality components for much less than other big name brands I've tried. I race motorcycles, and it is reflected in my riding which is very fast and aggressive, and after 10 trail rides so far the bike has held up very well with no complaints. The Company is very small owned and operated Olympic and professional cyclists. Their prices are very reasonable due to their size as well as thir customer service.

6 months