Iron Horse 2001 G-Out Full Suspension Bike

Submitted by Andrew a Cross Country Rider from Statesville, NC

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2002

Strengths:    Shifters, Gears, suspension

Weaknesses:    low quality chain rings, seat post

Bottom Line:
When you look at this bike, it looks all business. When you RIDE the bike, it confirms what you earlier suspected. The gears shift flawlessly and the suspension is GREAT! It is heavier than other bikes in its class, but the weight doesn't affect the performance. I have outclimbed season riders on hardtails, passed speed demons on down hills, and (my favorite) I have grabbed massive air off natural and manmade jumps! The bike is 1 year old now and still looks and rides like its brand new. This bike is probably better used by an intermediate rider, but is pretty forgiving for a newbie like I was.

Favorite Trail:   Greenbrier, Statesville, NC

Purchased At:   Asheville, NC

Similar Products Used:   Jamis, Trek

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Pat a Weekend Warrior from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2001

Strengths:    Price/performance. Shifters.

Weaknesses:    Weight.

Bottom Line:
This is my first dual suspension bike. I also have a hardtail but probably won't mount it ever again.

I've been told (by piers) that the front suspension isn't that great, and the rear shock is no good. So far both are awesome. The bike doesn't make a sound, and the shocks work flawlessly. Shifting is effortless with the SRAM 5.0/7.0 combo.

The only drawback that I notice from my hardtail is that the frame seems a little more flexible. Also, it weighs a few more pounds.

At 470 bucks, however, I'm satisfied. I'm sure it's not as good as those $1000+ bikes out there, but as often as I ride, it's the perfect bike.

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Stock.