BombShell da bomb Mindbomb Full Suspension Bike

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

• 8.1" of travel
  • 4-bar linkage
  • 7005 alloy construction
  • Adjustable dropout with adjustable caliper mount
  • Adjustable head tube
  • Sealed bearing pivots
  • Forged headtube, bottom bracket, yokes, and dropouts

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Jason Aurit a Weekend Warrior from Albuquerque, NM US

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2006

Strengths:    The company's name said it all DA BOMB. This bike was built to out last the rider. My kids will inherit this bike from me.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness were some of the components. The rear grenaded on my the first 20 minutes. I've heard that they fixed that problem. The brakes were cheap also, but they still worked good,

Bottom Line:
    This bike is big and burly. It is heavy and the push up hills in Colorado were so worth the ride down. It tracks as if it were on rails. The turning radius isn't great, but that's why I have a free-ride bike also. For those more technical trails. I have yet to bottom out the 8" of travel. I've ridden the 13 mile trail down Pikes Peak (Bar Trail) and nothing got in my way or slowed me down. I love this bike and my daughter will inherit someday. I'm giving this bike 5 and 5 chillis dispite the small problems I've had. I love my big red machine..

Favorite Trail:   CPT Jacks

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   This was my first and only DH bike

Bike Setup:   Avid Mechanical brakes and at XT rear hub.

Submitted by Charlie D a Downhiller from Kirkland WA

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2003

Strengths:    Cheap bike but strong. Big beefy. I love the Shiver DC I have on it. Is just seet overall.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, makes componets break quiker. Not the greatest cable routing. Had to change to under the bottom tube 'cause it was screwy. Kinda hard to balance.

Bottom Line:
    This is a great bike for the person who wants a good dh bike but has a small budget. If your bike is like mine you have to watch out for things breaking because the bike is heavy. I would recommend switching the cable routing to below the bottom tube to the swing arm. This bike can easily handle DH riding. At Whistler I was hitting 8-14 foot drops all day, large jumps, technical sections, log rides, just about everything and it sucked it all up.

Favorite Trail:   Dirt Merchant to A-Line

Purchased At:   here

Similar Products Used:   '01 Kona Stab, Norco Atomik, Norco 4by, Evil Imperial hardtail. The evil is the best buy it.

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi Shiver DC, MRP Chainguide, Hayes 8 inch rotor brakes, Shamino LX rear deraileur, Halo rear rim, doubble wide rear, 2.65 front tire, 2.5 rear

Submitted by Phil a Downhiller from Adelaide

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
    Mountain Bike ACTION just reviewed this as a complete bike. They gave the complete bike the thumbs up.
    "the Mindbomb competes and beats some bikes that cost over a thousand dollars more." March '02 Mountain BikeACTION
    They gave the shock an OK report (heard that Bombshell has switched to a US made shock now, for the same price!!)

Is it just me or does it seem like Mountain Bike ACTION version of testing the shock is looking at the sticker to see where it is made? USA GOOD everything else BAD.

They complained about the high bb height. Talking to people this had been address over a year ago with two shock eye positions, the second hole lowering the BB height. So with all this changed the review is a primo.

Why aren't you riding one?

Submitted by Peter from WA

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
    It seems like people are reviewing this in the frameset section as of Jan 2002 it has been given 5 chillis in both performance and value by all 5 reviewers. You might want to have a look here is the link below.

Da Bomb Mindbomb

Does anyone know anything about this bike, i know it is older but it looks like a pretty sweet bike? Anyone ride one......pictures?Read More »

da bomb mindbomb?

is the da bomb mindbomb a good all around bike?I saw one and might buy it if i sell my bike in time.Is it a good all around bike?Read More »