Powerlite 1999 Spitfire BMX Bike

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

1999 Powerlite Spitfire, BMX

Submitted by everett bmx a Weekend Warrior from bristol,ct,USA

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2008

Strengths:    very durable frame love the handle bars this bike has been put through so much im suprised it is one peice

Weaknesses:    paint was beat up when i got it so i had to repaint it other than that havent had a problem

Bottom Line:
great bike would def ride till i cant no more would love to ride some of powerlights other products

Similar Products Used:   one of a kind for its time and my friend are still jelious even tho there is better out nowdays

Bike Setup:   frame,fork,handle bars,stem,crank,seat post all original parts the rest of the parts have been replaced for comfort while riding

Submitted by mike a Weekend Warrior from los angelos california united states

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2004

Strengths:    IT can take a lot. I've put it through soo much, it has stood up to everything. I've crashed it, jumped it and a lot more, very strong.

Weaknesses:    back tire. it comes loose after a while if you jump it at all on cement. Seat is OuCh uncomfortable. Also, it is pretty heavy.

Bottom Line:
It is a great bike whether you are a beginner or intermediate. If you are really into racing get another more expensive bike. If you are looking for a bike to race you might want to spend more money, but a great bike to ride around town and on dirt paths.

Purchased At:   moore's bike shop

Similar Products Used:   NoNe!

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by BRING DARUCKUS a Racer from VAN, BC, CANADA

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Strengths:    So, i bought a new BMX. . . . .when i got it home the mechanic hadn't tightened the pedals on. . .so one of the crank arms stripped. . .but they replaced it. Back to the bike. I purchased a POWERLITE Spitfire. It is a really good looking bike and has a lot of little things that i like. I really like the design of the handle bar, it really helps to leverage the bike. I have raced the bike a few times and have had good success. . . .it seems quite durable. . .overall i am happy, and you don't see a lot of them around.

Weaknesses:    the paint seems to scratch a bit easy. . . but who cares

Bottom Line:
This is a well spec'd bike fer the money. I would buy another i think. . . .

Similar Products Used:   other BMX's

Submitted by Red Barron a Weekend Warrior from Seattle

Date Reviewed: July 9, 1999

Strengths:
Looks

Weaknesses:
Weak Handlebars
Weak Goose neck
One piece crank

Bottom Line:
I just got into BMX two weeks ago and tested a whole grip of bikes. Out of all of the ones that I tested I found the Powerlite to be the best bang for the buck. However after owning it for a mere two days the handlebars and goose neck stripped themselves out. They got warrantied out immediately but still I don't think that bars should fail like that. Also, I was going to take my mountain pedals off my mountain bike and put them on the spitfire. This is when I realized that the spindles are not compatible with standard pedals. So now I am fairly irrate over the whole affair. I suppose for three hundred bucks I got a decent bike but I wish that they would pay more attention to the stem and H-bar. Also, the cranks should be made compatible with standard pedals.

Victor Falls