Mosh 2001 Brass 3 Star BMX Bike

Submitted by Stylume a Racer from San Francisco, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2008

Strengths:    Durable as hell, takes all sorts of beatings. Fast acceleration.

Weaknesses:    Heavy.

Bottom Line:
This bike kicks around really well, the wheels are better than most, and the components are great. I would think about switching the frame for something lighter in the future, but could keep almost everything else. But hey I got this bike for the cost of a new chain, and then bought some bars from a friend.

Purchased At:   Found

Bike Setup:   New taller lighter bars in chrome. Original Crank got rid of front brake and switched the rear to just a regular linear brake cable instead of the headset brakes.

Submitted by Brian Rowe from Milwaukee, WI, USA

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2004

Strengths:    The stock wheelsets are complete and absolute brick-houses.

Weaknesses:    First off, the frame is not completely Chromoly. The 3-star is has steel stays. You will understand the downside when lifting it. It is heavy! The brakes will only slow, not stop you (bad geometry?). Chainstays dent easily. Uses an oversized bottom bracket.

Bottom Line:
I don't really see this as a bike for anyone. A child needing a recreational bike would do better with a trailbike. Any child who is seriously getting into BMX will find this bike too heavy. I am 5'11', 24 yrs, and decently muscular. This bike was a workout. The only person I would recommend this too, is a late teen who needs an inexpensive bike to try out BMXing. The big advantage is that when upgrading to a new frame, you will have almost all the parts you need. Even though I purchased a new frame, I still ride with the same seat, wheels, pegs, and pedals. I can not express how tough these wheels are!

Similar Products Used:   Some old Huffy that was repainted twice by the time I got it.

Submitted by cody timmey a Weekend Warrior from raleigh nc

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2003

Strengths:    gets fast

Weaknesses:    not very light, pes weigh millions of pounds

Bottom Line:
i love this bike it makes me cry it is so ferakin good. I love the 3 peice cranke with the street tires . its all good

Purchased At:   all star bikes

Similar Products Used:   i used the old mosh sqare for about 4 years but i thought it was time to get a new modle

Bike Setup:   pegs one side both back and frount brakes

Submitted by Steve a Weekend Warrior from East Islip, Ny

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Strengths:    First off I got this bike for my birthday two years ago and this bike has never had a problem. Its frame is great and has never had any trouble plus with the smooth paint this bike looks awsome. I love the weels and the tires are great, but you may have to buy new ones after a while and if you do dirt get dirt tires. One thing I think alot of people dont care about is the seat. What I hate is when I see some spoiled brat complaining on their 700$ Dyno that their @ss hurts. I mean come on already but the Mosh 3 stars seat is great I think. Thats about all.

Weaknesses:    This product with its positivs also has its negatives. First off the brakes suck. If a 300 mile per hour car was coming right at me and I had to use my brakes Id be dead. I think the gyro is whats screwin it up but the gyro is cool so i just left it. The chain guard broke off. You cant get any speed on this bike. Get your hands on a three peice crank because the one piece it comes with wont get you anywhere. Take mosh pegs off. Feel how freekin heavy they are. You dont want those crapbars on your bike. One more slight thing is that the handle bars are a little to long.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a must have for begginers or vets. I think that mosh deserves some credit. would write more but I have to go. This great bike is a must have!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Hekcher

Purchased At:   Crappy Store(Rip off)

Similar Products Used:   Mosh: 3 Star Bagley

Bike Setup:   Same as always but pegs takin off and 3 peice crank.

Submitted by Brendan Douglas from Sarnia,Ontario,Canada

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Strengths:    Axels,Frame,handelbars,stem the frame is a awsome color

Weaknesses:    tires,grips thats about it

Bottom Line:
Sweet bike I like this bike alot. Good strong frame,not to heavy,nice handle bars and axels.

Similar Products Used:   brass 2 star

Bike Setup:   2pegs on left side and 3peice crank i cut down my bars they were to long i couldnt do bar spins with out the bars gettin cut.

Submitted by Brendan Douglas from Sarnia,Ontario,Canada

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Strengths:    Axels,Frame,handelbars,stem SWEET COLOUR

Weaknesses:    tires,grips thats about it

Similar Products Used:   brass 2 star

Submitted by Jeremy a Weekend Warrior from Aus

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2001

Strengths:    frame big axles

Weaknesses:    1 piece crank, thick grips, wide bars

Bottom Line:
great bike

Favorite Trail:   my house