Haro 2001 Backtrail X24 BMX Bike

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

New trail cruiser model

Submitted by robert a Weekend Warrior from eugene or usa

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2009

Strengths:    if u can jump it u will land it its stable in the air and on the ground an amazing race bike

Weaknesses:    heavy heavy heavy heavy

Bottom Line:
amazing bike just needs to loose the weight

Purchased At:   craigs list

Similar Products Used:   nothing like it

Submitted by Pete Beachy a Downhiller from Buckland AK

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2005

Strengths:    This is one bad ass bike. Burly frame and components.

Weaknesses:    The rims don't hold up. The brakes suck stock. I had to sand down the rims to get better grip.

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'6" and its hard to cram into a 20" frame. So I got the 24" and loved it. This is my park, and dirtjump bike. I've ridden trails from MI-CO-CA-NV-AK. Besides a few bent rims there has been no problems. Very happy overall.

Favorite Trail:   all over us

Purchased At:   Freewheeler Bike shop GR MI

Similar Products Used:   I had purchaced a mongoose pro 24, and was promised that I couldn't break it. After a week and bent forks rims bars I traded for the haro. No problems ever since.

Bike Setup:   Stock with a few strategically placed stickers. The bars are chopped down 2' on each end. and I'm going to put DJIII's on it

Submitted by sean a Weekend Warrior from chesapeake,Va,USA

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Strengths:    Frame is strong, nice set-up, comes with a lot of great parts that Iwould have added myself later

Weaknesses:    Heavy as a steel beam...I thought I would get used to the weight but I can't, its too hard to come from a 20lb aluminum frame 20"to a 40+lb bike..

Bottom Line:
Great Bike except for the weight. I cant stand the weight. Other than the weight it can take a lot of abuse. I would recommend it to bikers, but not beginners cuz the weight of this thing would cause any newbie to give up on tricks....
I am not a weekend warrior or any of those other choices above. why isnt there one stating, "someone who goes out, builds jumps, works on them, jumps them and chills with friends at the same time??" there should be something on the list like that, maybe they can call it SEAN....yeah that may work

Favorite Trail:   ipswitch

Purchased At:   Great Bridge Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   no cruisers, many 20"

Bike Setup:   3 pc haro crank, alex rims

Submitted by luke hobden a Weekend Warrior from east sussex,bexhill

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2002

Strengths:    this bike is the strongest bike i have ever ridden or seen, it takes the piss out of mtbs and is cleanly a bike built for strengh, the bars and stem work fine, the wheels or brill,

Weaknesses:    maybe abit heavy, the 3pc arnt brill thou ok

Bottom Line:
so if you are cramped on a bmx and mtbs arnt your thing, i strongly sugest buying this, (thanks haro for making it)

Favorite Trail:   the yellow line(beefy)

Similar Products Used:   dk generall lee 24)(not as good)

Bike Setup:   just how i bought it only a few stickers on it and some new tyres, the colour of the bike i got is 'raw' which look the part

Submitted by zdeuce a Weekend Warrior from Texas

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2001

Strengths:    Burly as hell!!! This thing is a beast. It's fairly heavy, but I'll adjust to that. At least I know it will last. I'm pretty sure that I'll break before anything on this bike. It's got beefy 3-pc cranks, full cromo frame, grippy allow platform pedals (that'll chew your shins) and it just looks sweet. Now that I've got it adjusted properly it feels like I've had it forever. This is definately a great purchase for someone who wants to thrash a bit but just doesn't fit right on a 20" bike.

Weaknesses:    The seat that came with this bike sucks. It's more of a racing style seat. The '02s come with a nicer cushier jumpin' seat but I just replaced the hard one this one came with. That's it....everything else is just solid.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike for MTB'ers or big guys who want to jump and thrash but don't feel right on a 20" BMX. I give it an emphatic 5 flamin' poos because I finally got exactly what I wanted in a bike for a reasonable price.

Purchased At:   Sun&Ski